2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
girls can too
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took this from the fsm, this is the correct way to do this.
there is a write up here
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...des/10220-diy-outside-mirror-cap-removal.html
but i find that this write up is incorrect, it can be done but its best to follow mazdas proper procedure as you can see below the plastic cap is held on by clips that must be pinched to remove. you must remove glass to access these clips. more photos will come when i remove and install my side view mirrors

if any one requires any other pdf images you may contact me. i have them all.

my mazda 3 does not have side markers on the mirrors , i purchased mine from ebay for 104$ for the set, shipped. they came with caps. i will be installing them soon.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I tried using Mazda's method to get the painted mirror covers off.. I had no luck so I just started prying lol.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Just did this mod and followed diagrams posted in OP. Installed blue glass mirrors from thespeedline.com. 5 min on each mirror and only that long so I could be careful. Trick is to use a small screwdriver to stick behind glass and push down on the white tabs holding the mirror on with plastic ball joints. Not too much pressure required for this. No need taking painted cover off or even removing from car. Easier removed from car is all.
Thanks for the links!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Blue Convex Mirror Lenses from TheSpeedline.com

They are not blind spot monitoring compatible but are heated. I have tech package so no need for LED signal version. I did however mod these and added the blind spot monitor led's myself and went at it blindly. Easy.

First you pop off the lens from the plastic backing (carefully). Then you position and place the led unit from OEM mirrors on the back of each lens. Then cut a hole in the plastic backing to accommodate for the leds and the plug to wire it up. Snap mirror back into plastic and done!..re install mirrors and plug in leds.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2007 Mazda 3 i touring driver side mirror smashed glass (non heated, power)

The driver side view mirror glass is completely gone. the ball of pin b is missing and all the electronics are working. Is it possible to buy the pins separately or buy the plastic frame that goes between the glass and the entire side view mirror? I can post pictures if required.

tHnaks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just did this mod and followed diagrams posted in OP. Installed blue glass mirrors from thespeedline.com. 5 min on each mirror and only that long so I could be careful. Trick is to use a small screwdriver to stick behind glass and push down on the white tabs holding the mirror on with plastic ball joints. Not too much pressure required for this. No need taking painted cover off or even removing from car. Easier removed from car is all.
Thanks for the links!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks a lot for the hint with pushing down plastic ball joints, that made a difference! Really easy and safe not breaking glass!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

Anyone know how to or have a guide for fixing the folding mirror motor? Mine has taken a knock and the motor is constantly running as if side mirror isn't attached to the motor anymore..

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts