2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so i've had my 3 for about 2 weeks now but whenever i do a wash or when it rains, I notice a rectangular marking/outline on one of the windows:

The 1st pic is after using invisible glass glass cleaner and the 2nd was after it had rained.

So far I've tried clay bar, White vinegar, isopropyl alcohol, acetone, goo gone and a razor blade. After all that I performed a complete wash + wax of the car to make sure all chemicals were properly removed.

Will the marking go away on its own or should I take it back to the dealer and see what they say. Their detailer was unsuccessful in removing it too.

·
Super Moderator
5,674 Posts
That looks like where a window sticker was placed. I have a similar outline on my drivers side rear window where the Monroney Label sticker was. 3 1/2 years and the outline is still there. Won't come off. Seems as if something from the adhesive got into the glass. Its hard to see but its there.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Same thing with me, but it is a long strip outline and it is on the front windshield. Dealer tried twice to remove it but it is still there, especially when it rains. Not noticeable when dry but water gather on the windshield in different format when wet between wiper action. Small issue, but irritating none-the-less.

·
Registered
168 Posts
We had the same marks on ours (delivery May). I forgot all about them after a few weeks. They are completely gone now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts