2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So this changed from a question to a HOW TO ... since we don't have one.. this will be my first (dont judge me!!!! =p )

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Part i

THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:

When looking at the back of the car from the inside, you have the "tan" panels on the right and left above the deck... I know that they need to come off, but!!!! There are airbags behind them... so you need to be dilagint when removing them. It also helps to unhook the battery and let sit for about 10-15 minutes :tongue:

This is the first of a few posts that I will do as I do not have enough time to do this in one sitting (the install that is...)

PART I:

Snooping around here are some pics of what needs to be removed to prepare the deck to be taken off.

So on both sides of the rear seats are these buttons that you need to press to pull down the seats.. simple enough

Next you can see these black circle tabs on the plastic that was behind the seats. Make sure that you pull the center out first. then pull the whole tab off. Or else you will break one.. as I did :tongue:

Now these are on the right and left sides by the seat belts. I pulled these off because I wanted to give the plastic as much maneuverability as i could. These tabs are not on the rear deck.. but the lower black panels on the left and right side. I removed this one.

Now grab those panels (the side ones you just worked on) and start pulling gently.. you will notice the carpet in the trunk needs to pop out from behind the plastic as well as the clips that pop out that you see in the pictures.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Now as you can see by my awesome pointing... there are these white tabs.. now I believe there are four of them. And they are tricky to remove.. best I found is with some gentle muscle, and a rubber mallet.. just a good wack knocks them through. if you know a better method.. let me know!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats all for now! Stay tuned!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Okay here is the rest...

On each side of the car.. pop off the floor panels

Then work your way up popping off the panels up the side of the car
[edit] Forgot to mention.. your going to have to remove the seat coushin.. its really easy.. there are two points that it snaps in just pull up at those points as to not rip the coushin and it should pop right off... made taking the big bottom panel off... the black one in my pictures.

And then the airbag panels... be careful and your fine.. everything easily pops off

<<<<<EXCEPT ONE THING>>>>>
There is a plastic like holder that needs to be turned horizontal and pushed through the hole that I am pointing too...

Then at last the deck just comes right off!

There you go!!! DIY.. hopefully this helps a bunch of you guys! Please ask questions!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.