1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
38 Posts
u went hardcore into the process...i just took them out when and bought 1 can of VHT red tint spray for taillights, removed taillights, de-greased them with alcohol, and sprayed 3 coats after masking off my reverse lights....total of 10 bucks.

before

during

after

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Nice!! looks great with a white speed3. probably not so much on my silver 3. black would be better for me.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
u went hardcore into the process...i just took them out when and bought 1 can of VHT red tint spray for taillights, removed taillights, de-greased them with alcohol, and sprayed 3 coats after masking off my reverse lights....total of 10 bucks.

before

during

after

Nice, i just wanted to do something the right way so it last a long time without fading. spray paint can be weak some times and within months start to fall off or fade because of the sun. I did what you've done to yours a few months ago and didnt like the finish product so i took it off. Im very picky when it comes to car mods. But it looks like your came out great. Good job!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice!! looks great with a white speed3. probably not so much on my silver 3. black would be better for me.
Yes i like them black is just a shame that here in miami the police gives you tickets all the time because of that. Im doing a silver one soon. i'll make a vid so you can see what it looks like.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I have a question maybe one of you can answer regarding red taillight spray. I exchanged my rear red reflectors for LED reflectors with smoke lenses. The reflection is no longer red. Therefor the only two red reflectors I have left are the two inside my taillight housings. I'm going to open and paint them like I did my headlights, but I have no choice but to keep the red reflectors to stay legal. I'm fairly OK with this, but IMO the red reflectors will be too bright. Does VHT or another company make a "Night Shades" like product that will just darken my reflectors a couple of shades without blacking them out? I just want a more subtle (darker) red to go with my dark gray color scheme for the lights. I've never used tail tint spray and it may be it darkens with multiple coats. Maybe one of you can tell me...?
Thanks in advance for any advice!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I have a question maybe one of you can answer regarding red taillight spray. I exchanged my rear red reflectors for LED reflectors with smoke lenses. The reflection is no longer red. Therefor the only two red reflectors I have left are the two inside my taillight housings. I'm going to open and paint them like I did my headlights, but I have no choice but to keep the red reflectors to stay legal. I'm fairly OK with this, but IMO the red reflectors will be too bright. Does VHT or another company make a "Night Shades" like product that will just darken my reflectors a couple of shades without blacking them out? I just want a more subtle (darker) red to go with my dark gray color scheme for the lights. I've never used tail tint spray and it may be it darkens with multiple coats. Maybe one of you can tell me...?
jamspeed3 did a nice job making his lights black cherry by applying a smoke coat with the red. I imagine increasing the number of smoke layers will get you the shade you want.

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...ry-taillights-w-smoked-emblems-lots-pics.html

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes the more coats you apply the darker it gets

1 - 9 of 9 Posts