2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know this works I bought an extra key from Mazda.. They need proof of ownership to program......I was surprised how easy it was. Anderfrank's post sounds right.. Good Luck.............Check Faulkner Mazda { Philadelphia}for Parts cheapest for OEM.. My dealers in Area cannot beat the prices......even w shipping costs !!!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2011 i-sport, and can not get the car to recognize the new keys I bought. I was told by the ebay seller, and the locksmith that they have the proper transmitter, and I have 2 working keys.

I have tried doing it with 1 sec between keys, 3 sec's, 5 secs, turning car to on without starting ignition, starting ignition, etc... and no matter what I do it doesn't work.

Does anyone else know of something else to look for or try?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am not sure but you can try this method.

Insert one of the programmed keys in the ignition. Turn the ignition to the “ON” position for at least one second then turn the key to the “OFF” position.
Remove the key and immediately insert the second programmed key into the ignition. Turn the ignition key to “ON.” After one second, turn it to “OFF.”

Remove the key and quickly insert the key you want to program. Turn the ignition to the “ON” position with the un-programmed key. Watch for the red key symbol on your dashboard to illuminate then disappear within one minute to confirm the programming.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts