2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone knows how perform a wheelspin burnout in a 2013 Mazda Axela 20s-skyactiv just for fun as when I try it does work, even with the traction off and handbrake on I still have my rear wheels move and my rpms don't go to high at times?

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Maybe mash down on gas and brake pedals at the same time with both feet before releasing the foot brake? Anyone know if this is potentially bad for the transmission or brakes, or just the tires?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe mash down on gas and brake pedals at the same time with both feet before releasing the foot brake? Anyone know if this is potentially bad for the transmission or brakes, or just the tires?
Thanks I'll try that 👍🏾

·
Registered
2013 Mazda 3 i Hatchback
288 Posts
I'm not sure if it's even possible with the 2.0 and an automatic trans. I'm not sure that the little 2.0 (much as I really do like it) has enough beans at lower RPM to start a burnout. With a stick, you can rev it up to 5k and dump the clutch to start the burnout. You used to be able to rev up an automatic and then dump it into drive to get the same effect, but modern cars require you to have a foot on the brake pedal to shift into D.

Either way, it's really not good for the car, or your wallet...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure if it's even possible with the 2.0 and an automatic trans. I'm not sure that the little 2.0 (much as I really do like it) has enough beans at lower RPM to start a burnout. With a stick, you can rev it up to 5k and dump the clutch to start the burnout. You used to be able to rev up an automatic and then dump it into drive to get the same effect, but modern cars require you to have a foot on the brake pedal to shift into D.

Either way, it's really not good for the car, or your wallet...
Thanks for your point of view💯 didn't even knoe that, well it's good to learn something new and yupp I'll defs keep an eye out make sure I don't go overboard or break it, thanks heaps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your point of view💯 didn't even knoe that, well it's good to learn something new and yupp I'll defs keep an eye out make sure I don't go overboard or break it, thanks heaps.
Ive done it now and then randomly but I want to be able to do it every time I do it which is hard🤦🏽‍♀️

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
For science, I did a couple of tests in an empty lot. This seemed to work the 2-3 times I tried it, at least on the turbo:

1) disable traction control
2) activate sport mode (this might be debatable?)
3) put in Drive
4) mash down on the brake
5) mash down on the accelerator (only lets you hit around 3000 RPM, even if you keep it in 1st, so don't wait for more RPMs)
6) release brake and continue to accelerate

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
3,027 Posts
Get a manual transmission and replace the stock motor and trans mounts. Pretty easy after that.
CK

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Get a manual transmission and replace the stock motor and trans mounts. Pretty easy after that.
CK
tbh it wasn't very interesting. Maybe in a parking garage where you could hear that movie effect. But otherwise you're just losing torque and wearing out your tires early. And putting unecessary.. blah blah.

Now if Mazda could do a good Launch Control, that's something else. I enjoyed that on the Stinger the few times I tried it for fun.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
3,027 Posts
Yeah.. I don't do it unless I'm in a garage and want to freak out a coworker or something. ;)
CK

1 - 10 of 10 Posts