2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey yall thought this would be a nice new thread (sticky?) for people who want to mod their vehicles but have questions bout warranty. me personally with a brand new car i dont want to void it with mods. so is there ne way yall can help me with wat i can do to my car that wont void my warranty. i plan to just get the speed3 CAI. wat else can i get from mazda or aftermarket that wont mess me over when i bring it in for service

btw this is on an 08 speed3

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
From my experience, it's a constant battle between what you've done to your car, where you had it done, and what problem you are having. If it's a mazdaspeed approved part, they should warranty it regardless of where you got it done (even if you did it yourself), unless the installation caused the problem with the car. If it's not, they should have actual evidence that the part you installed caused your issues, thus not warrantied.

·
Registered
40 Posts
He pretty much hit it on the head....Mazdaspeed parts they don't give you a hassle for. Anything else though is a different story. They have to prove the parts you installed on the car caused problems. Not an easy thing to do in most cases but obvious in some. I just figure on returning all the factory parts to the car if something serious happens. Especially the DP and RP. I know they wont like that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts