2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm experimenting installing sound deadening in selected places. How do you lift the rear seat cushion to place sound deadening material beneath?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I wrote a post on this earlier.
But I have a 2015 hatch. There are two plastic latches that you will feel under the front of the cushion. After you push the levers to the side to release the latches the front of the seat will come up. After you have done this, there will be a metal hook that it on the back of it. After some pushing and moving, you should be able to unhook it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
But I have a 2015 hatch. There are two plastic latches that you will feel under the front of the cushion. After you push the levers to the side to release the latches the front of the seat will come up. After you have done this, there will be a metal hook that it on the back of it. After some pushing and moving, you should be able to unhook it.

Good luck!
Thanks. I should have said I have the sedan (cloth seats) with the 60:40 folding seat backs.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update - My 2017 saloon/sedan has the plastic catches. I just opened those catches and I was able to insert some sheets of sound deadening material (Dodo Barrier MLV which is a UK product) under the seat. The seat fastened down fine since this PVC sheet is 2mm thick 5kg/m2 weight. I doubt there is enough room under the seat to insert insulating foam also for the seat catch to engage.

·
Registered
29 Posts

Good luck!
Thank you! This is awesome info! Same thing on the 2020 hatch -- there are two levers under the outer seat, and pushing both outwards releases the rear bench seat.

My kids dropped something in the seat belt buckle area, but when they tried to get it, (of course) they pushed it deep into the gap and ended up underneath the seat rattling against the metal. I tried for an hour reaching into the tiny gap with my fingers at various angles but couldn't get it back out. Finally saw this thread and felt for the latches -- easy peasy once the seat came off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts