2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I have 2015 Mazda 3 and need some help in installing the LED door logo. Aim is that when the door will open the light will turn on and a logo of Mazda will be projected on the floor but the problem is that I cannot find the door open/close switch in which i can connect the wiring of this device. any help will be appreciated.

·
Too Many Projects!
368 Posts
Rice.. save your money...
Nice first post.

Whereas I don't entirely like the kind of mod he's installing, he asked for help on installing it, not opinions.

Anywho...

AFAIK there's multiple kinds of door logo projectors out there. Your best bet would be to hit up a factory service manual for your 2015 and find a wiring diagram showing what wires control that. Also check your fuse box panel, and if you run it off of a fuse, make sure you get an expanded circuit. As usual, be safe modding!

·
Registered
90 Posts
According to the North American Service Manual, the Interior Lighting System is handled by the Rear Body Control Module (RBCM), this allows for the lights to have a timeout and etc. The Open/Close switch you are looking for appears to be inside the each door Latch and only provides an earth to trigger the RBCM. the four doors connect to the RBCM at 3W, 3J, 3Q and 3S in my wiring diagram (2014 keyless). Each line shows less than 1 volt with the door open and B+ (battery voltage) with the door closed and as I say it is only an earth trigger not a power supply. Your other problem is each door switch is wired separately so this approach would only be triggered by one door.
Be careful, I know it says battery voltage but the RBCM uses 5 volts in some circuits and I can't be sure your's is the same as my diagram DO NOT subject any 5 volt line to 12 volts.
It might be better to use the supply to Internal Lighting System, perhaps the roof light, to operate your Logo but be careful not to overload the existing system.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts