2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

· Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

· Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Nicer did you have to remove the shield inside the fog lamps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Nope, left them alone. All I did was loosen the aiming screw on each housing and adjusted the screw so it was in the middle. I made sure that the lights were in the same general position on the ground and tightened the screws. Tightening the screw was a pain because you kind of have to hold it while you tighten it or the aim moves slightly.

Looks really good man!
Thanks! Your switchbacks look sweet too... might do those soon haha. I just don't want the hyperflash though haha.

· My car is Luke's father
1,010 Posts
Thanks! Your switchbacks look sweet too... might do those soon haha. I just don't want the hyperflash though haha.
Yea I am about to get the resistors for mine. You can get the 50W 6 ohm resistor set with mounting plate from VLeds and put the resistors in the rear on the turn signals and they correct the front Turn Signals...

· MAAAAAD
2,146 Posts
Yea I am about to get the resistors for mine. You can get the 50W 6 ohm resistor set with mounting plate from VLeds and put the resistors in the rear on the turn signals and they correct the front Turn Signals...
Just make sure you mount the resistors on a metal surface as they tend to get pretty hot.

· My car is Luke's father
1,010 Posts
The ones from Vleds come with a purpose built mounting plate that is just for that! Decided to get those from the Hyperflash fix thread where someone used the bolts for the tail lights to mount the mounting plates.

· Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Nice guide man! I'm probably gonna have my friend help me with this since I know nothing about cars =/ mines currently in the shop, its been in 3 accidents so far =.= shit luck.
Thanks! Haha... I know nothing about cars too! 3 accidents... wow you must have bad luck! Were you at fault? Some lady ran into me near the end of December (I was driving a 1998 Buick Regal haha). She was at fault and her insurance company totaled it, which prompted me to finally pull the trigger and get my 3! haha. My parents kept most of the insurance money because they owned the car (it was my dad's old car).

· Registered
67 Posts
Thanks! Haha... I know nothing about cars too! 3 accidents... wow you must have bad luck! Were you at fault? Some lady ran into me near the end of December (I was driving a 1998 Buick Regal haha). She was at fault and her insurance company totaled it, which prompted me to finally pull the trigger and get my 3! haha. My parents kept most of the insurance money because they owned the car (it was my dad's old car).
Sorry for the late response!
1. 2nd day I got my car a drunk guy hit and ran, good thing my friend was sleeping in the car (crazy luck huh?) I ran out (my friend called me) and got his license plate, cops caught him within 15 minutes, it had less than 100 miles LOL
2. on my way back to school i was in an intersection going straight, someone was turning left and ended up hitting my car and my airbag popped , i wasnt at fault cause i was going straight
3. i was on the highway and i was the last person to rear end someone (someone decided to stop for some reason) and i was at fault. air bagged popped

so yeah...pretty shit luck LOL but it was fun experiencing the airbag twice haha :)

I'm probably gonna get yellow HID fogs for mine, why do people buy HIDS that are $150 as opposed to the $50ish ones from DDMTuning? Is it quality and reliability? My headlights are from DDMTuning but I might just go with another brand...

P.S. I'm getting my car back hopefully this thursday :X the airbag is coming in either today or tomorrow :eek:

· Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Sorry for the late response!
1. 2nd day I got my car a drunk guy hit and ran, good thing my friend was sleeping in the car (crazy luck huh?) I ran out (my friend called me) and got his license plate, cops caught him within 15 minutes, it had less than 100 miles LOL
2. on my way back to school i was in an intersection going straight, someone was turning left and ended up hitting my car and my airbag popped , i wasnt at fault cause i was going straight
3. i was on the highway and i was the last person to rear end someone (someone decided to stop for some reason) and i was at fault. air bagged popped

so yeah...pretty shit luck LOL but it was fun experiencing the airbag twice haha :)

I'm probably gonna get yellow HID fogs for mine, why do people buy HIDS that are $150 as opposed to the $50ish ones from DDMTuning? Is it quality and reliability? My headlights are from DDMTuning but I might just go with another brand...

P.S. I'm getting my car back hopefully this thursday :X the airbag is coming in either today or tomorrow :eek:
1. Nice, good thing your friend was able to get his plate!
2. That's exactly what happened to me! I was leaving work, had a green light, going straight and this lady on the opposite side pulls out and turns left right as I'm coming. I also was not at fault because I had right of way. My airbag did not go off, probably because most of the damage was to the front left side quarter panel.
3. Ouch!

Chubbs and others have recommended TRS because they are more reliable than the DDM ones. Many users on this forum went with DDM and the ballasts ended up failing after awhile. It's entirely up to you if you want to go with DDM. I went with TRS when they had their sale going on.

· Registered
67 Posts
I saw that you used a relay harness for your fogs, I'm planning on getting 3000k fog lights from DDMTuning, would I need to get a relay harness on it? I had 10000k headlights but I didn't need it, just double checking.

· MAAAAAD
2,146 Posts
I saw that you used a relay harness for your fogs, I'm planning on getting 3000k fog lights from DDMTuning, would I need to get a relay harness on it? I had 10000k headlights but I didn't need it, just double checking.
You don't need it but it doesn't hurt to have. The trs kits come with it so its a no brainer to just use it haha

· Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
typically 35watt ballast don't require relay harness but it is a good idea to run them to protect the stock wiring. DO NOT RUN 55WATT ballasts off the stock wiring...
Yeah I read it wasn't needed for the 35w ballasts, but like Chubbs, I would rather use it and be safe than sorry haha.

· Registered
67 Posts
Whats the worse that can do for your car? mess up the battery?
I'm probably gonna order mine off iJDMToy just cause it's cheaper. Can someone verify the options for me?
HID Conversion Kit | Xenon HID Kit | HID Headlights | HID Fog Lights
What is "Error Free CAN-bus decoders" used for? Do I even need it? and yeah I'm probably gonna get the relay harness just to be safe :) If anyone on here wants to buy from there theres a 10% off code for it , code is "GoJDM"

BulbType H11, 3000K (Yellow) and Relay harness. <-- everything should be fine?

· MAAAAAD
2,146 Posts
I'm probably gonna order mine off iJDMToy just cause it's cheaper. Can someone verify the options for me?
What is "Error Free CAN-bus decoders" used for? Do I even need it? and yeah I'm probably gonna get the relay harness just to be safe :) If anyone on here wants to buy from there theres a 10% off code for it , code is "GoJDM"

it can melt the wiring meaning you need to buy new harness for the car which is $$$$$$$$$. But a lot of people run without them and seem to be fine.

You do not need a can-bus error decoder thinger. Just a regular harness.

And I'll say this just cuz I had a bad experience with a cheap hid kit. You get what you pay for.

· Registered
6 Posts

I would avoid iJDMToy. I had issues with their LEDs always burning out on me. Same cheap stuff from China. They have a warranty, but it's just a hassle to keep switching stuff every couple months cause it fails on you. Just my 2 cents.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.