2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· MAAAAAD
2,146 Posts
Nice write up! Guess I wont have to do one now hahaha

The little plug that you didnt use is a test lead. I think you use it to test the ballast or something. I didnt use it either.

For those installing the same kit as Derek, it is important that the relays are upright so water doesn't get it just as Derek did.

Fog bulb sizes:

2010-2011 Mz3 = 9006 (Link to TRS Morimoto 3Five Kit 9006)
2010-2012 MS3 = H11 (Link to TRS Morimoto 3Five Kit H11)
2012 Mz3 = H11 (Link to TRS Morimoto 3Five Kit H11)

I've added the links to the kit that Derek has. Very high quality kit. It ships from Georgia so no waiting like DDM kits. Plus they have fantastic customer service. When ordering, make sure you select the right wire harness according to your bulb size.

After seeing this, I might do a horn install while I have the bumper off. No one seems to care about our clown horns haha

· MAAAAAD
2,146 Posts
So I worked late tonight and had a chance to drive home when it was dark out (and raining). I tested out the fogs and couldn't really notice a difference with them on or off when I was in the driver's seat. I'm going to try messing with the aiming screw tomorrow and see if that helps. They're probably aimed too low. I think I read somewhere that they are aimed low from the factory. Also, no one flashed me so I don't think I'm blinding anyone haha.
yea mine are barely noticeabe. I'm still on the stock halogens though haha

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

· MAAAAAD
2,146 Posts
Nice additions Chubbs. They must've improved the horn in the 2012 models because mine sounds fine. I've heard sound clips of the previous years horns and I can see why people upgrade them haha
Seriously no one cares about the horn in 2010-2011 cars haha post a clip of what the 2012 sound like haha

· MAAAAAD
2,146 Posts
While I have the front bumper off of my car I am going to go ahead and upgrade the horn... $15s to add a low tone since I already have all the connectors and such, might as well...

Don't really like the sound of my horn right now so eh, why not?

Also, trying to decide between getting the CorkSport LED DRL bulbs for the fogs or just getting HIDs in them...
If you have 6000k, I'd try out CS Led. But don't think they're bright enough to be useful

· MAAAAAD
2,146 Posts
Yea I am about to get the resistors for mine. You can get the 50W 6 ohm resistor set with mounting plate from VLeds and put the resistors in the rear on the turn signals and they correct the front Turn Signals...
Just make sure you mount the resistors on a metal surface as they tend to get pretty hot.

· MAAAAAD
2,146 Posts
I saw that you used a relay harness for your fogs, I'm planning on getting 3000k fog lights from DDMTuning, would I need to get a relay harness on it? I had 10000k headlights but I didn't need it, just double checking.
You don't need it but it doesn't hurt to have. The trs kits come with it so its a no brainer to just use it haha

· MAAAAAD
2,146 Posts
Whats the worse that can do for your car? mess up the battery?
I'm probably gonna order mine off iJDMToy just cause it's cheaper. Can someone verify the options for me?
HID Conversion Kit | Xenon HID Kit | HID Headlights | HID Fog Lights
What is "Error Free CAN-bus decoders" used for? Do I even need it? and yeah I'm probably gonna get the relay harness just to be safe :) If anyone on here wants to buy from there theres a 10% off code for it , code is "GoJDM"

BulbType H11, 3000K (Yellow) and Relay harness. <-- everything should be fine?
it can melt the wiring meaning you need to buy new harness for the car which is $$$$$$$$$. But a lot of people run without them and seem to be fine.

You do not need a can-bus error decoder thinger. Just a regular harness.

And I'll say this just cuz I had a bad experience with a cheap hid kit. You get what you pay for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.