2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided to make a quick guide for the basic installation of Android Auto so people have a thread to reference quickly. Thank you to Digital Skyline, Trezdog44 and Spadival for their work and help.

Please make sure you are using version 55 or up of the firmware for your Mazda system. I am on v55 and it works 100%

1. Download AIO 2.3.7
2. Select Android Auto and load it directly to the USB drive.
3. Insert USB drive into USB port of car with nothing else plugged in.
4. Turn on car
5. Wait for prompts and follow them.
6. Restart CMU (Home + Nav + Mute)
7. Enjoy

Here is the thread with the AIO download file and the information for troubleshooting, etc. http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-2016-mazda-3-skyactiv-audio-electronics/122458-aio-all-one-tweaks.html

You can also use the tool for many other options. Enjoy. Its super easy.

Reactions: crispy_crunch

·
Registered
5 Posts
My recommendation is:
1. Download AIO 2.0
2. Select Android Auto and load it directly to the USB drive.
3. Insert USB drive into USB port of car with nothing else plugged in.
4. Turn on car
5. Wait for prompts and follow them.
6. Restart CMU (Home + Nav + Mute)
7. Enjoy

·
Treveloper
534 Posts
Can someone who is proficient make a short and direct instruction set for this process? It looks like there used to be a series of steps that required the PC be connected to the CMU via USB. Has that now changed with the USB installer? Do we need to do the AIO tweeks or is it stand alone? Besides the V.55 and up rule and the no factory reset rule, are there any easy missteps ?

I tried looking through both the AIO and Android Auto app threads but they are huge now and have some old info. I just want to confirm before I try and leave this thread as a clear set of instructions for people who dont want to read 200 pages of thread to get the answers.

It appears you can simply extract the zip files to a thumb drive and follow the on-screen prompts on the CMU.

Thank you in advance.
From AIO 2.3.7 AA install is stable and will work for you. Also, really there is no more 'no factory reset' rule because the hack that caused that is no longer used. Only major issue has to do with calls not working over bluetooth but it has been reported that uninstalling will eliminate the issue (if it bothers you enough to not want AA because of it). And Although I am not the developer for AA, just AIO, the guy who does develop it seems to know his stuff and makes great updates so he may solve that issue sometime in the near future.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From AIO 2.3.7 AA install is stable and will work for you. Also, really there is no more 'no factory reset' rule because the hack that caused that is no longer used. Only major issue has to do with calls not working over bluetooth but it has been reported that uninstalling will eliminate the issue (if it bothers you enough to not want AA because of it). And Although I am not the developer for AA, just AIO, the guy who does develop it seems to know his stuff and makes great updates so he may solve that issue sometime in the near future.
I am getting set to install and saw this note on the side bar 'Remove the input_filter background process. It's not needed since we can use EVIOCGRAB to consume input events before the CMU UI without the /dev/uinput trickery.' /cc @lmagder "

I am unsure where/when this will apply

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Uploaded it last night and it works great. I will test all features over the next week or so. Thank you everyone.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Let me know how it work out for you.

I have a CX-5, and I would like to have AA also. I read that phone call don't work, so let me know if you think it's worth it.

Also what tweak did you install? Only AA or did you install the Speed thing so you can touch the screen while driving?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let me know how it work out for you.

I have a CX-5, and I would like to have AA also. I read that phone call don't work, so let me know if you think it's worth it.

Also what tweak did you install? Only AA or did you install the Speed thing so you can touch the screen while driving?
Phone doesnt work and the backup camera has a minor issue. Other than that its stable and fine.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The phone don't work in AA, or don't work at all? I mean if you make or receive a call does it go back to the factory radio?

Also what issue are you having with the backup camera?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The phone don't work in AA, or don't work at all? I mean if you make or receive a call does it go back to the factory radio?

Also what issue are you having with the backup camera?
Nope. Doesnt work at all now. From what I have seen in the threads it is a known issue so it should get resolved.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi...

ive downloaded and installed the AIO 2 yesterday (22.2.2017) ...installed a few tweaks, which all work great, but it didn't go so well wit android auto.
it installed on the device' but when i try to open it from the applications tab, it just open a welcome screen (to AA)...and stays there on that screen...or maybe just goes black.

please help :-(

Eli

·
Registered
3 Posts
Was working fine when I had my One Plus One... I just upgraded to ONe Plus 5, had to use a usb-C cable and now it AA doesn't show up on my screen and AA comes up on my phone... Any guides to fix this??

·
Registered
2 Posts
+1

Had Oneplus 3 and AA worked just fine before... I tried updating to 59.00.xxx firmware - problem still persists... AA just stops on screen with credits to Mike Reid etc.

Have tried all possible combinations of USB "connections" (charge only, data transfer etc.) and also 3 different USB-C cables.

I am out of options. Hope someone can solve this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
+1

Oneplus 3 had no issues with AA - My Oneplus 5 wont get past the credits... It seems like the phone never accepts the car for some reason, like the Oneplus 3 did with no trouble at all.

On Oneplus 3 the AA app opens up and starts sending data - it doesnt happen on the OP5.

Please help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi...

ive downloaded and installed the AIO 2 yesterday (22.2.2017) ...installed a few tweaks, which all work great, but it didn't go so well wit android auto.
it installed on the device' but when i try to open it from the applications tab, it just open a welcome screen (to AA)...and stays there on that screen...or maybe just goes black.

please help :-(

Eli
I have the same problem with my Galaxy S8. The only way I can get AA running is by unplugging the phone, resetting the CMU ( hold down mute+Nav for 10-20 seconds), opening Android Auto app on my phone, and then plugging it back in, and waiting for it to load up. This method is not exactly convenient but it does seem to work for me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just realized that whenever my phone is connected and I start the vehicle, the AA doesn't start and I see "_StartContextReady: Can't connect to head unit process". (I'm not sure that this happens every time in this situation, but it happens a lot)
Restarting the car won't help, but when I turn off the car and come back the other day, AA starts!

Any better (less time-consuming) fix for this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue of the AA screen just sitting at credits or just going complete blank. I installed the tweaks from AIO v2.6.8
Tried it with Moto Z Play (Android 7.0) and LG G3 and both seem to have the same issue. Did anyone find a proper solution yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue of the AA screen just sitting at credits or just going complete blank. I installed the tweaks from AIO v2.6.8
Tried it with Moto Z Play (Android 7.0) and LG G3 and both seem to have the same issue. Did anyone find a proper solution yet.
I own a 2016 Mazda CX-5 running firmware 55.00.760A (NA). Just installed AA v1.02 through AIO v2.6.8 today. Installation seemed to work fine, and all the other apps work, but AA sits at the credits and goes no further. The phone itself recognizes AA is connected to a vehicle and works on the phone display, but that's not exactly convenient (or legal where I live).

Anyone have any solutions or suggestions for this?

·
Registered
25 Posts
+1

I can't get mine to work either. I asked about it in the main AA thread and people suggested I use the original USB cable that came with the phone. It seems to help some people but it didn't help me. I tried the original cable and 5-6 other cables and still nothing. When I plug the cable into my phone I get a notification on my phone that the phone has connected to my car but on the HU it just shows the credits for the AA app and a black rectangle.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts