2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Just received my new CHERRY :wink2:

I Started messing around with the MZD console and i have few questions please:

1) How the hell :grin2:i turn on the Console to listen to music without turning on the engine?
2) why it doesn't recognize the usb i inserted to one of the slots? usb mode in the console stays fade...
3) is there an option of turning the music source on and of. let's say i am listening to the cd player and i want to
switch it off. but, not just by pushing the volume button down for Mute, but actually switch it off. also applyes
for the other music sources...
4) when i am switching off the engine after the one of the music sources was operating, the next time i am
switching on the engine, after the MZD console starts it's Immediately starts the music that was playing before
from the last track point. can it be modified? thus, that it wont start automatically

Thanks a lot in advance guys

Here's few pics :Racing 1:

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome and congrats! I too have that same Red 2017. Love it!

For your questions, just a quick clarification do you have push button start? I'm not sure on the specifics of which trim has what as I have the GT.

1) With Push button start, pressing the push button without pressing the brakes will enable the console, then ACC when pushed again. Third push turns it off. (Again without any pressing of the brakes).

2) If using USB for music files, it has to be formatted as FAT32, and I believe there maybe a storage size limitation on the size of the drive (Don't quote me on this as I'm not too sure). I use a 64 GB Sandisk drive myself which works fine.

3) Unfortunately the way the system is designed, the Mute button does not pause/stop any media source that is controllable. There are Mods to enable this, but I would not recommend it with the 2017 model. The software is too new and will definitely have conflicts with current existing mods. The only way so far is to use the Commander (Rotary) Knob and select Pause/Stop on the screen bottom menu bar.

4) System auto defaults to last source, and whether it is playing or not. I've not seen anyway of changing this. Only way is to pause the source before turning the car off.

As an aside, if you're idling or engine is running and want to turn the car off but keep the system running, put the car into neutral/reverse, hit the Push button to turn off the car and then move the gear shift to park. This keeps continuous power to the console and turns the engine off.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man for your detailed info. For your question, yes i do have the push button start, as well as smart car entry...
I'm glad 1 and 2 are sorted out. The rest is a pity ? actually it's beyond my understanding how come such small issue as adding the stop button near the pause where neglected. By the way, when you're saying pause/stop what do youmean by stop? Ther is no stop button anywhere. Or I'm missing somthing?
Reagrding the fourth question. I found somone posting in this forum that the solution is inserting a blank aux cable that doesn't connected to any sourse and switching the console to aux mode. This should solve the problem of starting the car without being troubled by the music beeing playing immediately. Didn't try it still...

Anyway i hope Mazda will realize that this is quiet an issue and will solve it in their frim updtes sometimes soon

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts