2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently imported a 2015 Mazda Axela from Japan and my trim is quite different to local models which lacks some features mine has. I am clueless as to what trim mine is but I hope someone can assist me in finding out.

1. My speakers sounds the best of all the others I heard, sounds like HD surround sound but there's no Bose logo on the speaker cover to say it is Bose, but the sound I give 9 out of 10.

2. The interior has carbon fiber trim around the steering wheel and door panels.

3. It has a button for stability control, headlight beam adjust and i-stop

4. Touchscreen infotainment

5. Sunshades with lighted mirrors

·
Registered
28 Posts
@arathol I asked my dealer and they couldn't tell me. They said the only possible way was to manually search for each spare part using VIN. Like you can do on mazdaswag or any other spare parts web page. They offered me a magazine from the year my car was build, and i can see all trims that ware available at that time. Then its on me to recognize witch one i have. I didn't believe them,so i asked another dealer and got the same answer.

·
Super Moderator
5,685 Posts
Your local dealer is not Mazda Customer Service. Most dealers are clueless and don't know much if anything about the cars they sell. Look up the contact info for Mazda Customer Service and ask them, not the dealer.
I just did a quick google search and found a VIN decoder that provided a complete description of my car with trim level and equipment. I don't believe for a second that the dealer could not provide you with that information.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
If you indeed have a Japan spec car then it would have an Axela badge on the back. And I take it it has a 2 liter gas engine and not 1.5 liter or a 2.2 diesel which are available in a 3 in Japan. If it is indeed a gas engine than it is a 165hp 14:1 engine and not the 155hp 13:1 engine available in the US.

Here are the 2 liter models for 2015 and they can be either manual or automatic. Japan models do not correspond to US models.

Sport 20S
Sport 20S Touring
Sport 20S Touring L Package

Do some Google searches on these models. It's probably a Sport 20S Touring as I think the L Package has i Loop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts