2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm from Colombia, I have a mazda 3 grand turing factory, I did not touch anything to the engine or outside, but I want the muffler to come out flames like in this video. I do not know how they do that, but I'm sure turbo is not, if you can help me how this is done, I like seeing how fire comes out of the cars :D

youtube.com/watch?v=HLyBz2RrepA

·
SpeedySpeedBoy313
52 Posts
Hi, I'm from Colombia, I have a mazda 3 grand turing factory, I did not touch anything to the engine or outside, but I want the muffler to come out flames like in this video. I do not know how they do that, but I'm sure turbo is not, if you can help me how this is done, I like seeing how fire comes out of the cars :D

youtube.com/watch?v=HLyBz2RrepA
You really don't want that because it means your tune isn't right. If you do want that, then you are going to want to get an e85 tune, run it a little rich, and delete all your mufflers and cats in your exhaust. I have heard that it's better to run a little rich than lean in general.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You don't want fire from the muffler.... I'm sure the cars you are looking at are tuned correctly for it to be fine, but a normal car without hundreds of horsepower will not give you that unless you're engine is on fire. You can buy kits on ebay to do this but I wouldn't, as they don't work and you really don't want to be igniting your exhaust gases outside of the engine.

AFAIK the fire occurs because they have their tune set up so the exhaust ports aren't full closed when the cylinder ignites, so the first travels through the pipe and out the back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I looked into this out of curiosity and Engineering Explained on YouTube basically in summary says that you'd probably want to run a straight pipe system including cat delete and maybe like a 2 step system.

Or instead of 2-step just accessport tune the car and change the ignition timings, car won't run well though.

Would not recommend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts