2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I am in the market for a 2016 Mazda 3 S GT Auto in the Atlanta area,how are you guys going about getting a good price,are you using true car, blue book, usaa buyer help or just good negotiation.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hello all,
I am in the market for a 2016 Mazda 3 S GT Auto in the Atlanta area,how are you guys going about getting a good price,are you using true car, blue book, usaa buyer help or just good negotiation.

easy... go in at end of the month when they must make quotas. be stubborn. walk out kinda interested but be serious about buying a new car.

They wouldn't let me go till I bought so they asked for a number and I gave them one. so I walked out $5000 under MSRP.

·
Save the Manuals
267 Posts
easy... go in at end of the month when they must make quotas. be stubborn. walk out kinda interested but be serious about buying a new car.

They wouldn't let me go till I bought so they asked for a number and I gave them one. so I walked out $5000 under MSRP.
Mind posting up a redacted copy of your pink finance sheet? Would love to see how you worked that deal! Just scan it, edit it in Paint and post it to imgur. :surprise:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Quota time is definitely a good time. Like M3Dude said, attitude plays a role. If you act like the car is a luxury, not a necessity, you can probably get a lower rate. Also contain your interest in the car. The more the dealer knows you like it or need it, the tougher a deal will be. The trick is to make them make you want/need the car. As for me, I used a combo of Truecar, KBB, and Edmunds to know what general market pricing was, and figured if I could get below that, I did ok.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Exactly what these guys have said. Use any internet tools you can, ahead of time, to know what the average sales price. And by any means necessary, do NOT act like a kid with money to burn in a candy store. They'll smell you like a shark would smell blood in a slaughter house. You do have to be ready to walk away, too. If they won't budge on their initial price, tell them you need to sleep on it or think about it and walk out. If they really want the sale, they'll either keep you there or text/call in a day or two with a better offer.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Once I knew exactly what I wanted, I went to cargurus.com to find dealers which had my vehicle in stock. Then I contacted the various dealer's internet sales department. Compared their quotes with online tools such as Trucar, Edmunds, etc... to make sure I was getting good price.

Didn't visit dealer until I picked up car; no hassles, no stress, great price.

·
Working Class Hero
3,653 Posts
Any Internet car buying tool will work, as there is no way they can hide any more. There's just no excuse for gouging in this day and age. Be informed. Knowledge is power!

Sent from the wrong side of the tracks.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys good advice, I test drove one this past Saturday the dealer knew I was not buying that day, I told them maybe buying in a couple months needed to sell my SUV first never talked numbers.

·
Registered
34 Posts
im also interested in what people are actually paying for these cars. the last car i bought was a subaru outback. I did the dickering at several dealerships, i ended up paying what i wanted at the end of the model year when the new 15's were rolling in. I think it was one of three in North Carolina. I am getting close to pulling the trigger on a 2016 6MT HB touring model, i really want the car as its the only one i have founjd with the manual gearbox and the color white.

this is a really useful forum thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts