2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, somebody have a guide or any idea how remove both front seats for models 2014+? I want to clean them because I have 2 years without cleaning them

Thanks guys!

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Sorry can not help your question directly. However, I would instead myself rent an upholstery steam cleaner (different from an carpet shampoo'r) -- testing first on the very bottom of the rear of the seat fabric to insure no color "bleeding," and shampoo them in place. Have an upholstery cleaner and after first vacuuming my seats, it works fantastically well.

·
Registered
327 Posts
To remove the seats you need a torx socket. I'm not sure which size so you will need to figure it out. I was going to remove the seats and carpet and sound deaden the floor, but I don't have the time this summer to do it, as I would also have to remove the centre console.
So anyway, yeah, four bolts on each corner, plus wiring harnesses for the heated and the seat airbags. So if you go through with it, you will need to disconnect the battery cable as well.
I usually just take my 3 into a professional detailer behind where I work and he gets every corner clean.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, somebody have a guide or any idea how remove both front seats for models 2014+? I want to clean them because I have 2 years without cleaning them

Thanks guys!
i have a 2015 mazda 3 with a slider on the right front. last week we spilled a half gallon of chicken stew on the floor that ran under the front seat. i spent the day today taking the seat out and cleaning up the carpeting. procedure is to disconnect the battery, unplug the wiring harness (press the latch and rotate it upwards, then pull out the plug). you need a size e-12 torx socket to get the bolts out. it's about 5 bucks on ebay, or you can get a full set for about $10. no need to take the end caps off the rails; the socket fits between them (on mine). also no need to remove the seat... just rotate it backwards into the back seat and you can access everything. hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts