2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just got my 2006 Mazda 3 Hatchback and a few things need fixing. The driver side mirror goes up and down with the electrical control but not in-out (or side-to-side). I think the mirror mount is broken because the mirror is kind of "floppy" just pushing it on the sides with a finger. So:

How do I fix this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Go to your local wreckers and get a replacement door mirror (whole assembly), mirror toggle switch and driver window control (for your other issue).
Or buy new parts.
Or get local mechanic to fix.
Or live with the issues.
Only you can work out how important these things are to you and how much money you have to spend on such trivial items. It is a 12 year old car after all.,...........

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,276 Posts
Hi, just got my 2006 Mazda 3 Hatchback and a few things need fixing. The driver side mirror goes up and down with the electrical control but not in-out (or side-to-side). I think the mirror mount is broken because the mirror is kind of "floppy" just pushing it on the sides with a finger. So:

How do I fix this?

Thanks!
it's not repairable
You can find new complete aftermarket ones on the internet $120-150 usd
w/ motor w/heat

Easy to replace

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Is that just for the internal mirror, mount, etc., or for everything including the mirror housing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts