2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm kind of annoyed how the car honks twice when you turn off the engine, and seems especially loud when coming home late at night and hearing it honk in the garage. Not to mention I plan to install Hella horns which just make the honks even louder. Does anyone know how to disable the double honk when you turn off the engine?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm kind of annoyed how the car honks twice when you turn off the engine, and seems especially loud when coming home late at night and hearing it honk in the garage. Not to mention I plan to install Hella horns which just make the honks even louder. Does anyone know how to disable the double honk when you turn off the engine?
Wow, what honk?

·
Registered
34 Posts
need some hella super tones, then you wont feel so sad when the horn honks

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This: https://youtu.be/eLC66iFPeTg

I may have misspoke and is more like a beep. There's two beeps but my phone only picked up the 2nd beep.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's weird, mine doesnt do that at all. The only honk I get is if I press the lock button on the fob a second time.
It happens to me everytime I shut off my car. The only time it doesn't is if I let my car sit for like 30 seconds to a minute before turning it off. Mine is a 2016 iTouring if that makes any difference. I press on the brake and press the ignition once, so I don't believe I'm doing anything weird.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mazda3 Honks Every Time I Turn the Car Off

My car does the same thing and I came on this thread to figure out how to turn the feature off. The car actually honks the horn whenever I unlock it using my key-fob, and every time I turn the car off. It's a stick-shift/manual, and this feature is annoying because I hate that my neighbors can hear whenever I'm arriving or leaving my house. Also, if I'm getting ready to leave and I press the key fob once to unlock the car, and I unlock the other doors using the drivers' side door control, it honks. How can I disable this?

·
Registered
347 Posts
First time I heard about this. Mine is silent even when locking the car; no beeps. But if I press the lock button twice, then it will sound the horn.

·
Registered
190 Posts
same here, my 18 makes no noises when I turn it off
have you gone into your infotainment and turned off the beeps?

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 2017 has never done this. Like others said it only honks if you press the lock button on the fob twice, but never when turning it off. Is there an option in infotainment for this? If not I'd go to the dealer for a fix.

·
Codger
73 Posts
I've been experiencing the same issue with my 2016 CX-5 GT. It's been driving me insane.
Did you guys name your cars "Christine?" Ask your dealer to recommend a good exorcist.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Since it is a manual trans are you setting the parking brake before turning the engine off? If you are not maybe that is what is causing it? Just spitballing

Don

1 - 20 of 21 Posts