2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm trying to disable Rear Cross Traffic Alert feature, since in Massachusetts it's forbidden to use special features during the road test. ( Screen is covered, Blind Spot Monitor sound could be turned off)

Could you please point me into the right direction how to do it. I need to disable it temporary. Apparently it's a different sound than BSM, so probably it's possible to unplug something.

Car: 2015 Mazda 3 Hatchback iTouring

Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
The BSM and RCTA systems share sensors. Shutting the BSM off by pressing the button on the left side of the steering wheel should shut the system off.

This would be easy enough to test ahead of time with the help of a second car. Pages 4-110 through 4-114 in the owner's manual talk about these systems. They do have the same sound from what I recall and what the manual mentions.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Also, if you got to settings > turn display off, it should shut off the screen. Now the thing I don't know is if it still turns on for the rear view camera. In fact, I'll look into this now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, using BSM OFF actually does the trick. My mistake that I missed it.

Turning screen doesn't switches off rear view camera :( so still have to cover it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts