2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
ISTOP

If you have a look at the negative battery connection you will notice a small extra connection on it thats the istop, disconnect that & never worry about istop again if you ever want it back just reconnect it & follow the Mazda istop reset procedure. either that or just go to Mazda & they will disconnect it for you.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
If you have a look at the negative battery connection you will notice a small extra connection on it thats the istop, disconnect that & never worry about istop again if you ever want it back just reconnect it & follow the Mazda istop reset procedure. either that or just go to Mazda & they will disconnect it for you.
Can you please share a pic of the exact extra connection for everyone to be properly guided, sir? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think you will find that that is the “Intelligent Battery Sensor”, which determines the charge of the battery and also controls how the battery is charged (less on acceleration, more on overrun).

As the i-stop only works when the battery is significantly charge, I can imagine if this is disconnected the i-stop won’t operate. But I think this does more than just control the i-stop, so I don’t think it is wise to disconnect this.

Andy

·
Registered
2 Posts
To stop i-stop you have to do the following;
Open the hood of the engine, the lock has a plastic cover, two points, two holes where you insert a screwdriver. You will see a switch with an electric cable. The function of the switch is to open when the hood is raised and i-stop off, service mode. This switch must be locked to deactivate the i-stop function. You can do this either by dismounting the position or by inserting a plastic piece between the switch body and the metallic blade of its drive. I have been using the method of locking the metal blade for a long time, the i-stop result stopped without motor running errors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am 100% convinced there is a way to turn it off.
I bought a show room MX-5 (in Japan) with i-stop. For the first month it never came on. I thought the system was broken. I really didn't care because I didn't want to use it. Then after about 1 month I had a lot of electrical work done on my car. Reverse camera put in, dash cam hardwired in, and a highway card reader put in. I am pretty sure they reset the car to factory settings when doing all this. And from the second I drove it out of the shop that day, i-stop started working normally. I am convinced Mazda is able to turn it off and does some on some or all of the show room cars becuase they don't this crap system coming on when people are test driving their cars.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
To stop i-stop you have to do the following;
Open the hood of the engine, the lock has a plastic cover, two points, two holes where you insert a screwdriver. You will see a switch with an electric cable. The function of the switch is to open when the hood is raised and i-stop off, service mode. This switch must be locked to deactivate the i-stop function. You can do this either by dismounting the position or by inserting a plastic piece between the switch body and the metallic blade of its drive. I have been using the method of locking the metal blade for a long time, the i-stop result stopped without motor running errors.
Flipping the hood switch does disable the iStop.....& the alarm.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I feel your pain !
I have another very simple solution, turn on the cars windscreen demister and it overrides the iStop as a safety reason-in case the demister needs to be on too see in icy conditions! Waalaa, done!
Both front side vents still work so air flow is still pretty good. Not sure about a 35 deg plus day, but for the other 350 days of the year it's a perfect solution :)
A toothpick instead of folded paper works well. Insert an end in each diagonal corner and trim off with side cutters for neatness
I feel your pain !
I have another very simple solution, turn on the cars windscreen demister and it overrides the iStop as a safety reason-in case the demister needs to be on too see in icy conditions! Waalaa, done!
Both front side vents still work so air flow is still pretty good. Not sure about a 35 deg plus day, but for the other 350 days of the year it's a perfect solution :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 Mazda 6 and decided to show how simple the bonnet switch deactivation is. I made this for a friend whose daughter has a CX-3 and also wanted to turn it off. Due to COVID-19 Isolation I wasn't able to go there and help him but decided to take a few photos yesterday morning and send them to him with some comments. Australian 2013 Mazda 6 2.2L Turbo Diesel.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok let me start of by saying why. The i-stop system is supposed to save fuel, blah blah blah, well my car hit 10,000km's today and according to the app on the car i-stop has saved me 24km's! Wow.

This vs the the wear and tear on my car's engine from the constant restarts and shudder in the cabin and discomfort of having to sit through ozzy summer 36+ degree days without my A/C so my car can save a measly teaspoon of fuel is just not a trade of i'm willing to make.

Add to that my cars a manual so 50% of the time its mess's up my launchs cause my brain pyhcologially doesn't want to rev the car within a split second of starting the engine.

I hate it so much it was starting to ruin the car for me.

Spoke to Mazda they can't/won't switch it off because its a safety feature, lol.

Now i know theres a button to turn it off manually but that only works for that trip - it defaults to on again the next trip, i wanted a more permanent solution so here's how.

Get urself a piece of paper, fold it up and wedge the bloody button in! Walah! No more i-stop.

I know its abit unsightly but it works now everytime i start the car it bleeps instantly to tell me the i-stop is off. :)

Very very happy. And sorry for the rant.

Matt.
Hi Matt2905
First I was vigorously nodding my head on your i-stip summary. All of that!!So I put my brain into gear and this was my solution. I drilled a 1.5 hole on either side of the button, cut a paperclip a little longer than required, put a curve into it, put each end into the holes, then flattened it out. Preston job done. Cheers, Bobhay

·
Registered
2 Posts
[QUOTE = "Redtag, publicación: 2440275, miembro: 538067"]
Hola amigos,
Yo también odio el I-stop y conduzco en veranos australianos. Escuché que el I-stop no funcionará si el automóvil cree que el capó está abierto. Entonces, ¿por qué no engañar al sensor del capó en lugar de trabajar en el interruptor del tablero?
Etiqueta roja
[/CITAR]
Y LO HICE .PERO DESAHBILITA LA ALARMA .NO EL CIERRE CENTRALIZADO.PERO SI LA ALARMA MAZDA 6 2019 MT

·
Registered
2 Posts
[QUOTE = "minsanity, publicación: 2483568, miembro: 98409"]
Activar el interruptor del capó desactiva el iStop ..... y la alarma.

Enviado desde mi SM-G970F usando Tapatalk
[/CITAR]
CORRECTO YO LO HICE Y DESACTIVA AMBOS MAZDA 6 MT 2019

21 - 34 of 34 Posts