2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just bought a 2015 3i Sport.

when my headlights aren't on, I want the lights on the instrument cluster to be OFF.

in my old car, the instrument panel isn't lit w/o the headlights on so when I cant read the speedometer, it's a reminder to turn on my headlights.

a lit up instrument panel plus the daytime running lights makes me forget I don't have headlights on at night.
Or is there a way to turn off the daytime running lights?

thx

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you rotate the odometer reset button (top-right of the instrument panel), you can adjust the backlight brightness. However, this might only affect them when the headlights are on–I think the backlight is at full brightness when the lights are off. Try it to be sure.

There is a procedure to turn off the DRL. If you search the forums you may be able to find it; I'm sure it is in the repair manual.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't know if there is a big difference between the i and s trim model when it comes to standard options but in the s touring, you can control all that in the settings that you find in the infotainment. It allows you to choose what happens with the cluster lights when you headlight is on or off and I think even with the DRL.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Quote: If you rotate the odometer reset button (top-right of the instrument panel), you can adjust the backlight brightness. However, this might only affect them when the headlights are on–I think the backlight is at full brightness when the lights are off. Try it to be sure."

That's the way it works on my i. That's good, because in daylight I can't see the display that I have set for nighttime. I notice that when I turn my lights on when it starts raining in the daylight. My display disappears :-/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts