2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How to correct radio frequency is not complete

I come from China, my Mazda 3 installed mzd connect from Japan, it is removed from Japan's Mazda above the top of the 3. Firmware installed is 56 ADR, because he has Chinese display.

The problem now is that the radio frequency of the FM is not complete, only the singular / odd ending radio frequencies, such as 90.5, 99.1 ,101.3... I like the frequency such as 100.8,102.4, search less than manual adjustment is not

I try to modify “maz_cmu-root.xml“”blm_settings-system.xml“”the default area for 4A, I try to modify for Taiwan, China, still search less than。

China Radio FM frequency range is FM 87.5-108 MHz (50kHz step)

MZDconnect vehicles from Japan, not sold to china.

jci\gui\apps\fmradio\js\fmradioApp.js

I put the frequency and step into China, can not effect

·
Registered
306 Posts
How to correct radio frequency is not complete

I come from China, my Mazda 3 installed mzd connect from Japan, it is removed from Japan's Mazda above the top of the 3. Firmware installed is 56 ADR, because he has Chinese display.

The problem now is that the radio frequency of the FM is not complete, only the singular / odd ending radio frequencies, such as 90.5, 99.1 ,101.3... I like the frequency such as 100.8,102.4, search less than manual adjustment is not

I try to modify “maz_cmu-root.xml“”blm_settings-system.xml“”the default area for 4A, I try to modify for Taiwan, China, still search less than。

China Radio FM frequency range is FM 87.5-108 MHz (50kHz step)

MZDconnect vehicles from Japan, not sold to china.

jci\gui\apps\fmradio\js\fmradioApp.js

I put the frequency and step into China, can not effect
Ni hao >:)
after you change “maz_cmu-root.xml“ and ”blm_settings-system.xml“ to china region you need to delete xxxxxxx.bin file at

Code:
/mnt/data/com/jci/cpp/settings/XXXXXXXX.bin
then reboot the system to take effect

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ni hao >:)
after you change “maz_cmu-root.xml“ and ”blm_settings-system.xml“ to china region you need to delete xxxxxxx.bin file at

Code:
/mnt/data/com/jci/cpp/settings/XXXXXXXX.bin
then reboot the system to take effect

xie xie!

I did this.
Can not solve the problem.

I observed, FM can only work in the 87.5 ~ 101.5 range.
Is it a problem with the Japanese version of the TAU hardware?

More than 101.5, he will return directly to 87.5

Japan's FM frequency range is 76 ~ 90

101.5 has exceeded 90.

·
Registered
306 Posts
could you tell which version you have at fmradioApp.js ?

be sure of "stepInc"
Code:
]"REGION_CHINATAIWAN" : {
                                                     "stepInc"               : 0.1,
                                                     "low"                    : 87.5,
                                                     "high"                   : 108.5,
also can force it by trick by listed " REGION_DEFAULT" . for example

Code:
"REGION_CHINATAIWAN" : {
                                   "REGION_DEFAULT": {                                
BTW if you are in HK then your land Freq only to 99. as wiki list

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
could you tell which version you have at fmradioApp.js ?

be sure of "stepInc"
Code:
]"REGION_CHINATAIWAN" : {
also can force it by trick by listed " REGION_DEFAULT" . for example

Code:
                                   "REGION_DEFAULT": {                                
BTW if you are in HK then your land Freq only to 99. as wiki list

this._stepCountData = {
"REGION_USA" :{
"stepInc" : 0.2,
"low" : 87.7,
"high" : 107.9,
},
"REGION_EU" : {
"stepInc" : 0.1,
"low" : 87.5,
"high" : 108.0,
},
"REGION_JPN" : {
"low" : 76.0,
"high" : 90.0,
},
"high" : 108.5,
},
"REGION_4A" : {
"REGION_5K": {
},
"REGION_9K":{
"stepInc" : 0.05,
"low" : 87.50,
"high" : 108.00,
},
"REGION_AUSTRALIA" :{
},
"REGION_OTHER" :{

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
which land you are in exactly.. Hong kong or Macau or Taiwan. if there no FM radio Chanel at the country you are in.. and no signal why you want the FM socket became stupid to search for nothings ?

did you received any FM channel with normal FM radio it Freq. over 107 ?. 0:)

I am in People's Republic of China,not Hong kong or Macau or Taiwan

My mzd connect is bought from Japan

Japan's FM frequency range is 76 ~ 90
china's FM frequency range is 87.5 ~ 108

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi there did you solve the problem with the frequency that you had? i also have the same problem with the radio frequency.. my car is from japan but i leave in Europe and i want the European frequency's
any help appreciated

·
Registered
215 Posts
hi there did you solve the problem with the frequency that you had? i also have the same problem with the radio frequency.. my car is from japan but i leave in Europe and i want the European frequency's
any help appreciated
I managed to solve this by flashing an EU version of the infotainment system. My car is imported from Canada and freq step was 0.2 Mhz. After flashing the step changed to 0.1 Mhz.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I managed to solve this by flashing an EU version of the infotainment system. My car is imported from Canada and freq step was 0.2 Mhz. After flashing the step changed to 0.1 Mhz.
i see... so i guess because mine was imported from japan im out of luck? or is there an other way to find out? im sorry if i sound noob. im new with all these...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Since you are also in Europe, just flash an EU version.
i did but somehow when i tune my radio it doesnt work. its like it got confuse the frequencys. for example lets say i tune 104.3 but in real its like 96.6. i was thinking to change the region from the ssh but i dont really know how to do it. i try to access ssh but i think i couldnt go nowhere . im not sure if its because i have version 56.00.513. can i access ssh with 56.00.513?

·
Registered
215 Posts
i did but somehow when i tune my radio it doesnt work. its like it got confuse the frequencys. for example lets say i tune 104.3 but in real its like 96.6. i was thinking to change the region from the ssh but i dont really know how to do it. i try to access ssh but i think i couldnt go nowhere . im not sure if its because i have version 56.00.513. can i access ssh with 56.00.513?
You can try to install AIO tweaks and enable SSH bringback feature.

Btw the latest EU version is 59.00.502.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can try to install AIO tweaks and enable SSH bringback feature.

Btw the latest EU version is 59.00.502.
Ok. Ill make a try

Is it safe to install ver. 59? Ive heard that you can't make tweaks with ver. 59....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts