2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In short: how do I contact Mazda regarding a terrible dealer experience I had recently? It's regarding a simple tire rotation that went horribly wrong and the fact that the two times I went to this dealership for service they haven't uploaded the service into the MyMazda service history? I can't seem to find anything on their website or on these forums.

If you're interested in the long version of the problem with the dealer, it is below.

I bought my car at Cooley Mazda near Albany, NY in April 2014 and was generally happy with the sales process, but the service department always left a bit to be desired. They gave me a hard time when within 24 hours of accepting the car I noticed a huge gouge in one of the tires, like a tiger had slashed it. They replaced it but acted like they were doing me a favor. Also, they take forever and their waiting room is tiny so I figured I'd try the only other Mazda dealer within 30 miles, Orange Motors in Albany, NY. My first experience there was for a state inspection, it took a reasonable amount of time, the waiting room was larger and nicer, the people were friendly and it's a bigger dealership so I figured they have more/better technicians. My second time in was for a tire rotation and it turned into the worst dealership experience of my life. I made an appointment, went in with the car, filled out the paperwork and said I'd be waiting, then sat in the waiting room. I noticed people who had showed up after me were starting to leave before me, and after an hour I was starting to get frustrated. After and nearly TWO HOURS I went into the service office and threw my hands up and said "I've been here for two hours...for a tire rotation." They seemed confused and said they'd figure out what was going on. A few minutes later they said there was a miscommunication and they never touched my car, it had just been sitting there. They apologized and said they'd be done in 15 minutes and there would be no charge. Somewhere north of a half hour later I go back in and the service manager didn't recognize me, he asked me my name and if I had any questions. I said yeah, where is my car? He got all frustrated and went out to ask a technician where my car was, turns out it was done, parked outside and waiting to be picked up but no one came to tell me. So they forgot about me TWICE in the same appointment and it took damn near 3 hours to get my tires rotated. The service foreman gave me a coupon for my next service free, apologized and walked me to my car. He had the balls to say "don't hit us too hard on the survey" before I left. The problem is, I never got any survey, and the service never showed up in MyMazda under service history, they never did a full circle inspection or really anything else they were supposed to, so I'd like to contact Mazda and let them know what happened.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Sounds like you aren't registered for service yet. Also, that experience while it may sound awful to you isn't nearly as bad as you are making it out to be. Mistakes happen, they gave it to you free and a free service coupon to go with it(that's a 60 dollar value) Expecting to get a full warranty or something for free from a couple hours of your time is eh. Mazda is improving it's service centers but they haven't made that full investment yet like Subaru did a few years ago.

My service experience ended me up with a free body kit installed for 200 bucks. But mine was spread out over a year including a tow, and a few check engine lights and around 40 days of rental cars I didn't even escalate to mazda until the third visit. But in the end I got a car I'm now happy with, and that's not having problems.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While I admit there are people who have had worse experiences, a dealer shouldn't forget about one of their customers multiple times in the same visit. I never asked for anything free and I never intend to use their "next service free" coupon because I do my own oil changes and that's essentially all the coupon is good for. I simply want to know how to report the experience I had to Mazda.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Related, I've been waiting for a survey from Mazda about my sales experience, but I'm guessing they don't do them. Salesperson used a trick that I should have caught that made me disappointing after the sale. I offered them a chance to make it right, but I got tired of arguing and in all honesty, I fell for it, so its my fault. But I was hoping I could give feedback to corporate. I'm now wondering if the reason they did what they did is because corporate does not check up on them.

·
Registered
121 Posts
While I admit there are people who have had worse experiences, a dealer shouldn't forget about one of their customers multiple times in the same visit. I never asked for anything free and I never intend to use their "next service free" coupon because I do my own oil changes and that's essentially all the coupon is good for. I simply want to know how to report the experience I had to Mazda.
Yeah there is absolutely no excuse for that happening more than once in the same visit. And for the service man to say "don't his us too hard on the survey" . . . wow. He has some balls.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Related, I've been waiting for a survey from Mazda about my sales experience, but I'm guessing they don't do them. Salesperson used a trick that I should have caught that made me disappointing after the sale. I offered them a chance to make it right, but I got tired of arguing and in all honesty, I fell for it, so its my fault. But I was hoping I could give feedback to corporate. I'm now wondering if the reason they did what they did is because corporate does not check up on them.
They do. ...they probably misspelled your e-mail address so that you won't get your survey!

·
Registered
43 Posts
WOW! I completely agree with the OP's frustration!
If I receive similar treatment from the dealership that I purchased my new 2015 sGT car....I won't be nearly as nice as the OP was at his dealership!
Honestly, his experience was utter BS customer service without question and IMO needs to be reported to "Mazda Corporate" FWIW.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Oh and BTW....Discount Tire offers free tire rotations in my area with minimal wait. Much faster service than most car dealerships...all brands...not just Mazda FWIW!

·
Registered
265 Posts
That's funny - I actually had the complete reverse situation: My sales process was just awful but service is awesome! .. guess we have to bring that dealership together and pick the best parts.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Since we're sharing bad service experiences, let me tell you what I had several years ago. Took my 2004 Mazda6 in for a routine oil change, and they handed me an estimate for fixing an engine oil leak ($1,200), belt replacement ($180) and other miscellaneous stuff ($400). I took the car to two other mechanics, and neither one could find any oil leak at all. One mechanic said it looked like someone had sprayed oil on the engine. I still have that car and never had an oil leak. I take my Mazda3 there for warranty work only. Anything that's going to cost me money goes to someone with ethical standards.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Unless your giving them your credit card most dealers act assholy. Warranty works costs them money and everyone from tech that is making less to service manager is unhappy about it.

I dont think there is an excuse for any professional to act uncourteous but it is what it is.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Since we're sharing bad service experiences, let me tell you what I had several years ago. Took my 2004 Mazda6 in for a routine oil change, and they handed me an estimate for fixing an engine oil leak ($1,200), belt replacement ($180) and other miscellaneous stuff ($400). I took the car to two other mechanics, and neither one could find any oil leak at all. One mechanic said it looked like someone had sprayed oil on the engine. I still have that car and never had an oil leak. I take my Mazda3 there for warranty work only. Anything that's going to cost me money goes to someone with ethical standards.

I am with you on this brother. I got sick of dealers and other shops just wanting to charge me for NOTHING. Except for warranty work I try to do everything myself. You take care of your car, it will take care of you.

Bleeding breaks is hardest thing I have ever had to do and I dont retire my cars before 175k.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So, others are obviously having similar issues. Does anyone know of a way to contact Mazda about this yet?

·
Official Ricer
392 Posts
For those of you looking to contact Mazda....
All it takes is a little Googling.

Email:
Contact Mazda - Email Us - Mazda USA
Pick from category "My Mazda Dealership" and select Sales/Service/Parts

By Phone:
Monday-Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time
Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Pacific Time
(800) 222-5500

I am with you on this brother. I got sick of dealers and other shops just wanting to charge me for NOTHING. Except for warranty work I try to do everything myself. You take care of your car, it will take care of you.

Bleeding breaks is hardest thing I have ever had to do and I dont retire my cars before 175k.
Brake bleeding is super easy. Just need another person to help for a couple minutes. Otherwise a speed bleeder will work the same with 1 person.

Looks like some of you need to invest in some tools.
I just did my own tire rotation in my driveway in about 20 minutes.
And no overly torqued lugs from air impacts!

Honestly, I vouched that I would never take my car to dealer service unless my engine/transmission blew up.
Dealer gave me 2 free oil changes and I just never used it, or plan to use it.
Just did my own oil change a month ago.

·
Registered
87 Posts
For those of you looking to contact Mazda....
All it takes is a little Googling.

Email:
Contact Mazda - Email Us - Mazda USA
Pick from category "My Mazda Dealership" and select Sales/Service/Parts

By Phone:
Monday-Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time
Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Pacific Time
(800) 222-5500

Brake bleeding is super easy. Just need another person to help for a couple minutes. Otherwise a speed bleeder will work the same with 1 person.

Looks like some of you need to invest in some tools.
I just did my own tire rotation in my driveway in about 20 minutes.
And no overly torqued lugs from air impacts!

Honestly, I vouched that I would never take my car to dealer service unless my engine/transmission blew up.
Dealer gave me 2 free oil changes and I just never used it, or plan to use it.
Just did my own oil change a month ago.

Its not hard... its tedious and having a good helper does go along way.
I can do better job than 3 diffrent mechanics that have worked on my family members cars. All shops have 4+ rating on yelp... they just dont spend the time to bleed it right the first time.

Its funny your bring up the tool... I got pheonix system siphon which costs 300+ and cheaper 50 bucks HF option both of them wasted my time as long as the bleeder screw is good i find it unnecessary to use tools.

Do you know if the 14 mazda needs an OBD command for purging? I am seeing that alot on newer cars.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts