2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, so far I have cleaned the seats with "baby wipes" ... can I damage the seats ?, is there anything better?

thanks

·
Registered
988 Posts
Buy some good leather cleaner ,leather conditioner and 2 soft applicator pads (My recommendation for you is Meguiar's products)

1st Step: Apply the leather cleaner on one pad then proceed on cleaning your leather , now I don't recommend to spray the cleaner on your leather directly because tiny squirts of liquid might scatter thought the interior leaving annoying dots everywhere.

2nd Step: Same as 1st step but with a different pad and now with the leather conditioner.

3rd Step: Let your eyes enjoy the magnificent view of clean and conditioned leather.

I would recommend cleaning your leather every 2 months or 5-6 times a year.

My car is almost 5 months old and I have cleaned my leather seats twice already :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, where can you find that brand (Meguiar)? -I do not know it, big commercial areas?, shops of spare parts of cars?

thanks!!!

Buy some good leather cleaner ,leather conditioner and 2 soft applicator pads (My recommendation for you is Meguiar's products)

1st Step: Apply the leather cleaner on one pad then proceed on cleaning your leather , now I don't recommend to spray the cleaner on your leather directly because tiny squirts of liquid might scatter thought the interior leaving annoying dots everywhere.

2nd Step: Same as 1st step but with a different pad and now with the leather conditioner.

3rd Step: Let your eyes enjoy the magnificent view of clean and conditioned leather.

I would recommend cleaning your leather every 2 months or 5-6 times a year.

My car is almost 5 months old and I have cleaned my leather seats twice already :)

·
New 2010 Mazdaspeed 3,
6 Posts
I'm a big fan of Lexall Leather cleaner and conditioner. My Speed has the cloth centers and I just clean those with a damp sponge and water.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Nicely outlined @Davidval18. Exactly as to how it should be done. Only one change in how I do it, and that is I follow the same exact steps, especially the critical one of not putting any liquid directly onto the leather but only onto your applicator, except that I use Zaino Z-9 conditioner and Zaino Z-10 leather cleaner instead. The Meguiar's products he mentioned are excellent; used them successfully for years until I got into a friend's car and it smelled like I was inside the highest-super-leather-shop in the world. Imagine yourself inside a huge $5,000 leather bag. Your passengers will think they got into a $250,000+ exotics' interior -- cars which have the best quality leather in the world. For those who love the smell of top quality leather, Zaino is what you should be getting.

While some might be put off buy it's higher price, because of its composition, a little container will work for years. I have two cars with a leather interior, do each also about once every 3 months and I have had the same bottle of Zaino Z-10 for almost two years now and expect it to go for another two more applications in both cars. And if you want to save a little, still get the great final leather aroma, buy the Meguiar's leather cleaner and use the Z-10 leather conditioner as your final step. My wife uses it on her leather bags (so when it is "missing," I know where to find it).

Here's a couple of places to get this product, though some Lambo and Ferrari dealerships stock it.

Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zaino-10-Leather-Bottle-236ml/dp/B0056GF2CY

Zaino Store: Interior & Tire

1 - 6 of 6 Posts