2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car tag only has two screws on top. I was wondering the best way to keep the bottom flush to the car without it moving.

·
Registered
574 Posts
The car tag only has two screws on top. I was wondering the best way to keep the bottom flush to the car without it moving.

It's been a while since I've heard it called a car tag instead of a license plate. Did you just step out of a time machine or did I fall in to a time vortex? Haha!

Anywho, the only way I've ever found to keep it fairly flush is with a metal frame to keep the tag/plate from bending and some small rubber washers or spacers. You can find them at about any hardware store for just a few bucks. I'm sure you could use metal or plastic, but I like the idea of something softer that may help keep things in place and not scratch anything as much.

DANCO 3/8L Flat Washers (10-Pack)-88576 at The Home Depot

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I'm using the mazda zoom zoom frame and the bottom sits flush. They have some felt on the back bottom so it doesn't bang when you close the hatch and stuff.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's been a while since I've heard it called a car tag instead of a license plate. Did you just step out of a time machine or did I fall in to a time vortex? Haha!

Anywho, the only way I've ever found to keep it fairly flush is with a metal frame to keep the tag/plate from bending and some small rubber washers or spacers. You can find them at about any hardware store for just a few bucks. I'm sure you could use metal or plastic, but I like the idea of something softer that may help keep things in place and not scratch anything as much.

DANCO 3/8L Flat Washers (10-Pack)-88576 at The Home Depot
Those of us who live in the South call them Tags, the DMV's even list them that way.

I placed silicon/rubber adhesive pads to the bottom of the frame to help prevent rattle and paint wear.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Those of us who live in the South call them Tags, the DMV's even list them that way.

I placed silicon/rubber adhesive pads to the bottom of the frame to help prevent rattle and paint wear.
I used spray adhesive to glue a piece of black foamie to the backside of my license plate. Same foamie w/adhesive can be added to the license plate frame in some places to avoid rattles (esp. when closing the hatch).

·
Registered
752 Posts
JBR license plate frame here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts