2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll admit it, sport mode makes the car really fun. I use it when merging on highways mostly, and sometimes in the city.

Reactions: JediMindTricks

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sport mode is like manual mode (holds longer) without switching to manual mode. Now they include it on all trims, my 2016 sport didn't have it. Now that i went to 2.5 MT i'm always in sport mode >:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a 2.0L automatic and I do switch to sport mode sometimes. I switch from drive to manual and it gives me what I need. I sometimes switch it on while in drive and it helps me overtake smoothly without having to switch to manual mode.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Never. I don't feel I need it in my 2.5. Not that I'm thinking I have a racer car lol. I use manual mode with paddle shifts when going downhill.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts
Never. I don't feel I need it in my 2.5. Not that I'm thinking I have a racer car lol. I use manual mode with paddle shifts when going downhill.
When I drove an AT S Touring HB I used the sport button often for specific scenarios. True, you don't need it, but it did make things a lil more exhilarating and fun. That was my excuse at least to go faster.. I may owe a few Hail Marie's for that one.
CK

Reactions: RochieWill

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,282 Posts
I turn sport mode on, when I want to burn a lot more gas. 8ltr ---> 19ltr paddle shifting mode. (No manual Transmission avail) Sept 2017 for a 2018 Mazda 3 (Hot selling car)

·
Registered
36 Posts
All the time. Much more driving fun. Wish it would not revert to normal when car turned off.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I use sport mode when I find an environment where I would be on and off the accelerator a lot, e.g. winding roads, up some hills. In such circumstances, I'm not convinced that it makes much difference in mileage. Hitting the gas and putting a load on the engine from 1000 rpm in 5th gear is probably not the best for mileage so I suspect running in sport mode could potentially be more economical as well as being more responsive.

Sometimes I just paddle shift down if the situation is temporary.

·
Registered
476 Posts
The first speeding ticket I've got in thirty years I got in sport mode. I just can't help myself with sport mode and the paddle shifter. I learned to only switch it on in the areas with less patrols, to lower my temptation.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Rarely - - - - I Don't Feel The Need 2 Use It.

·
Miami Vice Swagger
59 Posts
I jump into sport mode very rarely nowadays. Usually, its when I'm going up a long, steep grade and need to better control my RPM's.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i like to use sport mode on the weekends but only for brief moments. it's easy to get carried away with it on the toll roads

1 - 16 of 16 Posts