2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These rpf1s i want are 16x7 +43 wheel size.com says its about 7mm negative scrub radius from stock 16x6.5 and 50mm offset im currently on 16x7 +45 says 5mm negative scrub radius and don't feel any stability issues or issues turning.
I would like to stay with this wheel size but if its a safety concern id just get the 17s.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know what affects scrub radius all I know is I put the info in and for the change that's what it was saying.
The site that is selling them wont allow returns if I mount them so if they didn't fit how would I figure that out without mounting them?
and I just worry because I have no knowledge in car stuff I learn as I go and from input from informative people like yourself. Which I appreciate because this stuff gets reiterated all the time lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rim diameter has no bearing what so ever on scrub radius.
Just put them on the car and drive it. You're worrying about non-issues....
Rim diameter has no bearing what so ever on scrub radius.
Just put them on the car and drive it. You're worrying about non-issues....
Would you happen to know if 2011 mazda 3 i sport has different fitment than 2010 mazda 3 i sport? tire rack lists the wheel on the 2011 but nothing below that year yet they are the same generation.
I guess my main concern is them just fitting over my brakes the spoke design is more in the wheel than my current ones.

·
Super Moderator
7,326 Posts
Would you happen to know if 2011 mazda 3 i sport has different fitment than 2010 mazda 3 i sport? tire rack lists the wheel on the 2011 but nothing below that year yet they are the same generation.
I guess my main concern is them just fitting over my brakes the spoke design is more in the wheel than my current ones.
Same car, different year....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Same car, different year....
this is what I thought but tirerack couldn't confirm fitment and it had me concern after that. So brakes and all that shouldn't be a concern if its all the same from 2011 to 2010?
I've done measurements and I have 1" from the brake to the back of the spokes on my wheel. I'm just concerned about the design of the spoke bashing into the brake and not being able to return them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts