2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally change the oil in the cars I own. The dealership I bought my 3 from provides a deluxe hand car wash, interior clean, and chamois dry whenever the car is brought in for service and they do a great job; it's a nice perk. I was thinking I would get my oil changed at the dealer and get it washed each time, but they charge $80 USD for full synthetic Mazda oil and filter. It made me wonder if the cost was in line with other dealers, so please reply to this thread and share what your dealer charges for an oil change.

Thanks!

·
STEALTH
27 Posts
Going to pay $80 for an oil/filter change, so you can have your car hand washed by a guy who uses the same chamois all day long drying other peoples cars? Seems legit

Figure, $7-9 per bottle of full synthetic and $10-15 for a filter. Add the $20-25 for labor and you get your $80

·
Registered
'15 Mazda3
164 Posts
New Bern Mazda charges $50 for an oil and filter change, plus tire rotation and 50 point inspection with fluid top off, but NO car wash.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Paid $20 labor. I supplied the Mazda filter, synthetic oil, and Fumoto drain plug. Had to call a few dealers, was also quoted $25 and $40 for the exact same service...

Reactions: tots

·
Registered
1 Posts
Haven't gone yet -- my 3GT only has 354 miles on it, but the dealer here in WI said they charge $50 for the oil changes but they come with a coupon for $15 off the next one. So assuming I can keep track of a coupon for six months they'll be $35.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mazda of Clearlake, TX, free for lifetime of ownership with Quaker State Ultimate Durability 0W-20 and Mazda filter. I also used a coupon for a free tire rotation!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Paid $20 labor. I supplied the Mazda filter, synthetic oil, and Fumoto drain plug. Had to call a few dealers, was also quoted $25 and $40 for the exact same service...
how do you know they used your oil or kept the synthetic oil for themselves and refilled with 50 cent/quart cheapo oil?

·
Registered
266 Posts
An oil change with filter is $55.82 at my local dealer in So. NH. I paid $66.10 for the 20K service in Fairfax, VA.

·
Registered
336 Posts
how do you know they used your oil or kept the synthetic oil for themselves and refilled with 50 cent/quart cheapo oil?

I highly doubt my Mazda dealer would do anything that unethical. Anyways, I watched them part of the time they changed the oil, and they returned the container to me with the half quart or so they didn't use...

Reactions: Road Trip

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow - seems like $80 is the high charge so far. I hadn't considered bringing my own oil/filter and seeing what my car dealer would then charge, will check.

·
Registered
156 Posts
$49..62
Full oil change, Mazda genuine filter, voucher for car wash, check all fluids and a tire rotation. I did buy the car from this dealership and I think I get a deal for it.

So I have the shop invoice from the dealer

perform (car) lube oil filter maintenance $12
1 1WPE-14-302 cartridge, oil filter $8.25
5 0w20 synthetic oil $13.50
1 9956-41-400 gasket $ 1.17

Rotate tires $14.70

Perform multipoint vehicle inspections N/C

·
Registered
266 Posts
Wow - seems like $80 is the high charge so far. I hadn't considered bringing my own oil/filter and seeing what my car dealer would then charge, will check.
Be glad it's not a BMW, where it would cost you a minimum of twice as much. I've owned a bunch of BMWs (and numerous other high-end cars, too), and the best thing about cars like the MZ3 isn't the relatively low cost of purchase, it's the very modest cost of ownership compared to the high-buck brands. Generally speaking, Japanese compact buyers simply don't have the deep pockets to pay outsized maintenance costs, and so they aren't asked to. Such a deal! :laugh2:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Your price in US are funny, here in EU I payed in Mazda dealer oil, oil filter change and multipoint vehicle inspections $200, oil is original 0W-30 mazda. I payed my Mazda 2.2 diesel 2015 around $32000.

At price of $80 for oil change I would do it every 5-6 month or every 5000km ;-)

·
Registered
335 Posts
An oil change with filter is $55.82 at my local dealer in So. NH. I paid $66.10 for the 20K service in Fairfax, VA.
Tulley?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dacho -- did you pay in Euros or Croatian Kuna? If Kuna, that actually not a bad price for the oil change given an exchange of around 7 Kuna to 1 USD.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Had mine last time @ $59.99 synthetic blend plus I used a $20 coupon from their site which brought it down to $39.99. Plus a fee carwash and tire rotation and brake inspection. Not bad. My dealer is in South Charlotte,NC.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts