2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
2010 MS3 Liquid Silver
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many times a day do you rev your MS3 engine past 5000RPM?? i do it alot since i work in Manhattan and commute 150 miles a day and you have to speed up so nobody cuts you off like they always try to do!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I rarely do unless its a short burst of me being bored on the highway! It is hard to stay around 3K in this car though :blush 1:

·
Kambo
167 Posts
everyday, have too, no BOOST!

·
Silver Demon
837 Posts
I just came back from NYC and I was driving around the Bronx a lot.......waaaay too harsh on a car's suspension. I don't think I would drive my car on those streets.......not to mention people giving you no space whatsoever...I almost thought I was back in Cairo. I'm so glad I live in Florida.

As for the topic.......I only did that maybe twice since I got my car 4 months ago.

·
F*ck a sunroof.
761 Posts
I redline a few times a day. Its good for a number of things

Reactions: bluedev

·
Kambo
167 Posts
I just came back from NYC and I was driving around the Bronx a lot.......waaaay too harsh on a car's suspension. I don't think I would drive my car on those streets.......not to mention people giving you no space whatsoever...I almost thought I was back in Cairo. I'm so glad I live in Florida.

As for the topic.......I only did that maybe twice since I got my car 4 months ago.
Funny, I just got back from NYC. Spent the long 4th Weekend there with family. Im glad I flew.. I would never want to take my 3 in that mess. I saw BMW's on the side of the road with side swipes on them, bumpers all scratched up.. No one cares about your car... NO WAY Ill stay in FL

But Time Square was AWESOME!

·
Registered
58 Posts
wow

I love New York! You can drive like maniac and it hones you awareness of your surroundings. You are right about not caring for your car. You got to drive it like it is hot.

Once every while getting on the turnpike or garden state parkway, I red line it.

Jersey is in the House!

·
Registered
21 Posts
nyc sucks to drive right now the roads are being toar up hard from the cold. i need an alignment i hit a pothole hard last week. i live in queens and drive traffic with no room at all to speed. it sucks iv got bruises from everything. looking into winter tires because it snowed this week and the summers are scarryyy hehe. i hit 6krpm everyday but not much power after that high into the band. 5.5k seems the highest id shift at normaly. zoom zoom

·
Registered
38 Posts
I try to redline at every shift. Sometimes, I even redline while waiting for the light to turn green. Gas is cheap you know?

·
Street Unit - Ninja Killa
507 Posts
You gotta Hit BOOST I mean I did nto buy a turbo car to drive as slow as a civic lx..

·
Registered
596 Posts
often, I did not buy a FIT

·
Peanutbutter Jelly!!!
361 Posts
Just a regular 3 hatch but I probably redline it 15 ish times a day (maybe more, I don't really count). People in Charlotte drive too damn slow and I've got stuff I need to do before places close... business deposits are important.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i just cant help gettin on it every time i drive it so my answer is many many times a day. The car gets a rough time from me when i drive it but when my wife does she wont let it get above 3000 rpm. It all evens out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts