2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to get an idea how people are driving their new 3's. Mine has been mostly a grocery getter with 12k miles since November 2013.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Bought in late Nov. 2014--3+ months in, I've clocked about 3k miles. So, am on pace for about 12k miles per year.

Mostly a daily driver (short commute and grocery getting), but with a few longer trips (300-400 miles r-t) up and down I-95 corridor.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Took delivery of mine in 08/2014. Already has 24.300km on it. Cities are far apart where I live, and throw in a trip to Tremblant in Québec....racking up the km.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I only have 1,800km or 1,125 miles on it and I bought it on January 3rd 2015. So on pace for like 10,000-11,000km/year

·
Registered
123 Posts
Purchased the car in December of 2013. As of right now, she sits at roughly 20300 miles. Oil change needs to be done and coming close to my 30k tune up.

80 mile round trips add up.... Started calculating my mileage per month.

January = 1800 miles
February = 1600 miles

Once I'm out of college, I won't have to drive across the city to get to work.

·
Registered
578 Posts
2014 Late April - sTouring Sedan - 6340 mi currently

Its my daily driver but I only drive it to and from college and work which are about 15 miles away (School and work almost relatively right near each other).

·
Registered
251 Posts
6 months almost exactly, 14000 miles or just a bit over. That is way faster than I wanted but hey, it works. Doing several Pittsburgh area to Boston area 1500 mile round trips a year will do that. Until buying the new car we did those in rentals, or if only one of us went, by flying. Now we're coming up on a second time where she will drive it alone on that trip.

If I take out the 3 long trips though (one was a little longer so I'd say so far those totaled over 5000 of the miles) it's still a bit more than our average has been. That will probably even out in a year but still it looks like we'll be well into the 20s at least for the first year. Our weekday commute drive will be cut to a little less than half, though, a few weeks from now, from 44 miles round trip per day to 20. With very little to add back onto that, over the course of a year that will cut over 6000 miles of driving, and because of the location may actually give us ways to save 10 or 15 more miles in the average week (another 500 in a year, so we might save close to 7000 miles annually). The old commute was highway driving though, pretty easy on the car generally, but it will feel better. The new drive route will be fast enough to cut the amount of drive time about in half as well.

So, like my last car, the subsequent years will probably have fewer miles racked up than the first.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just a week past one year since I have mine, only ran 13,500km (8,438miles).

May be I should start doing some road trips around Australia to catch up to you guys :p

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Coming up on a year....boy time flies. Since I am retired I only drive her a couple times a week, groceries and golf. Just went past 7777km (4,821m), should have bought a lottery ticket.:laugh2: When I sold in my old 1997 Infinity I30 last year it only had 65,000 miles on it. Guess I will have my M3 for quite awhile.:smile2:

1 - 20 of 146 Posts