2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I first got my 3 and the dealer filled it up full, my info screen said 517miles. I knew that wasnt true and after each fill up it has declined. After my third fill up, it now says 353miles.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and do you find yourself actually doing that many miles? Out of three fill ups, im averaging just under 300 miles.... then again i have yet to fill up past 15 gallons. I believe if i remember correctly, the hatch has a 17.5 gallon tank... or something like that.

·
Continuous Party Member
563 Posts
Best I ever got was 425 with the passenger side of the car uphill and filling the last gallon(s) very slowly....when the tank was empty again I had gotten about 370 total range according to the trip computer.....

·
1,272 Posts
and do you find yourself actually doing that many miles?
No, I don't push it anywhere near that close. Not good to let your car run low on fuel. Some of the components in the fuel system (fuel pump mainly) are cooled with fuel, so running low is not good. I normally don't even get the low fuel light on before I fuel up.

According to my Fuelly, my average tank is just over 320 miles, and my average fuel up is 11.55 gallons. I think I remember reading the tank is 15.9 gallons, so that leaves 4.35 gallons. Running it to empty would be 27.8 (avg mpg from fuelly) * 4.35 = 120 miles. So 440 miles total.

Seems reasonable. I could be off on the size of the gas tank though.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Tank is 15.9 gallons, I usually fill up at around 13 or so gallons and am now getting between 350 and 400 miles/tank because of the warmer weather. Just filled up today and got 399.2 miles on 13.3 gallons.

·
Parts test dummy
823 Posts
just filled up with 14.55 gallons and it said 400 DTE but I had only gotten 345 on the previous tank .

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here's my latest. filled up 11.610 gallons. ran for 238.2 miles after a 12.705 gallon fill up. My info screen said 353miles.... we will see.

EDIT: I did have 410 miles on the trip prior to the 12.705 gallon fill up.

·
Insert Witty Title Here..
353 Posts
I usually fill up about 10-11.2 gallons,with the E light on, ( The sedan only has a 14.5 gallon tank, I think) and I usually get around 250- 320, depending on the weather (warming up the car in the winter takes its toll on gas mileage.) I could probably go 400 miles before my car absolutely ran out of gas... but I don't like getting that close.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Mine read 436 right after fillup today, but since I remained on hills and surface streets for a while, the number dropped to 400 within about 6-7 miles from the gas station. It all depends on your current driving conditions/style.

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
Mine read 436 right after fillup today, but since I remained on hills and surface streets for a while, the number dropped to 400 within about 6-7 miles from the gas station. It all depends on your current driving conditions/style.
this. i noticed that too.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just filled up with 14.55 gallons and it said 400 DTE but I had only gotten 345 on the previous tank .
That's right on par with mine.

·
Registered
471 Posts
mine said 480 today when i filled up lol. i got 417.6 miles off the last tank. it's never right, but i don't rely on that anymore anyways. zero miles left isn't zero miles left. rough estimate at best.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mine said 480 today when i filled up lol. i got 417.6 miles off the last tank. it's never right, but i don't rely on that anymore anyways. zero miles left isn't zero miles left. rough estimate at best.
Im too chicken to go 0 miles left lol

·
Registered
732 Posts
I have found it hits zero miles left once all the bars on your gas gauge are gone. Once they are all gone though you have at least 3 gallons still left.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm sorry for being a noob, I have a I touring and would like to know, how can you get access to that information to display mileages and gas?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts