• 12+ months

Votes: 66 56.4%
  • Don't know

Votes: 12 10.3%
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Axela AWD driver
116 Posts
I bought NWBs(Nippon Wiper Blades), made in Japan.
They are CRAP, it's been on the car for 3 months and they squeak and hop at the end of the travel

Worst part: nearly 60 bucks a piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
I replace wiper blades as a matter of course every 6-9 months on any vehicle. My cars live outside. In a dry-ish rural area so lots of dust around.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I recommend Rain Eater wiper blades. Had mine for over a year now, almost 2, and I park mostly in the hot sun of Hawaii . Periodic cleaning with rubbing alcohol and conditioning with Aerospace 303 protectant has definitely impacted the blade life. I recommend this cleaning technique on all types of blades. They last much longer.

https://www.raineater.com/

Reactions: Road Trip

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a question about this. How do you know when is time to change your wiper blades?
I could answer mine last 6 months or 3 years, but unless I have something really bad, I just change them when I feel they've been long enough (around 2 years).
Is there any test on when they should be changed?
Thanks

·
Registered
372 Posts
Is there any test on when they should be changed?
Yeah, when they aren't working any more. :) A lot of people will try to clean them with Windex occasionally, which seems to prolong their life some. But if that doesn't work and they're streaking, it's time to replace them.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Two years still good :)
I'm a little under 2 and a half years and just bought my first set of replacement blades. I bought 26" and 19" in hopes it will cover more of the windshield - unfortunately the next size up for our rear wipers(14" instead of the stock 12") is a half inch too long to accommodate and they don't make a 13" in-betweener.
I got Rain X Latitudes for the fronts and Bosch's OEM series for the rear.

Anyone else running larger wipers?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just replaced front and back wiper blades on my 2014 Mazda GT. They were three years old. Not badly streaking but time to replace them. Unfortunately, to replace the blades with the nice looking OEMs with the metal blade cover is over $30 per blade. They put on replacement blades for $9 each which just look like regular blades. Disappointing. I might switch back in two or three years to the good looking ones.

·
Registered
720 Posts
3.5 years, then I replaced the car (lease expired, so I bought a new 2017...will never lease again).

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've always had pretty good longevity out of my Mazda OE blades. Still perfect on my 15 3SGT, at a little over 2 years use. I swapped a new set in on my CX-5 after 3.5 years. At that point, they were trashed. 2.5 to 3 years seems to be the lifespan in my experience. I try my best to keep them very clean.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
383 Posts
I just replaced my inserts about 2 weeks ago and there were about a month shy of 3 years old. They were not streaking but the last inch of both wipers was ripped and i was taking the car in for inspection and knew the dealer would try to charge me more than they should have to install new inserts. This is the first car i have done inserts on and now i feel like an idiot that i haven't done them before lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2015 already has the same thing on the passenger side. Soon I'll go to Costco to get replacements. The Goodyear inserts they sell have lasted long on my previous vehicles.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Depends on where you live.

In Louisiana, wiper inserts only lasted about 6 months. Here in Va, they'll go maybe 2-3 years.

Not car dependent. May be wiper replacement make dependent. I like Bosch.

Ralph

·
Linux Dude
65 Posts
I live in the San Francisco region of California. My wiper blades typically last 12 months if I'm very lucky, otherwise something like 6 months. It definitely depends on if the car is sitting in the sun. I was buying the Mazda inserts but after about a couple of years, I had to buy new wiper blade assemblies entirely as the old ones actually wore out. At this point I'm just going to buy whatever I can get at the local parts store or Amazon for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I typically replace the rubber inserts every other oil change.....it makes the world of a difference. Its only $20 bucks, how can you go wrong. Due to the fact that the windshield pits easily, it tends to eat up the wiper blade quicker. #8months #wiperinserts #DIY

·
Registered
353 Posts
It's a combination of sun, heat and air pollution. Those were all bad in Louisiana: 6 months for blades before they start streaking, even with vehicles parking mostly in the garage.

On our 2013 Miata GT, I immediately replaced the blades on it when we got it back in December, as they just weren't working. Probably the first replacement for that car with only 8,800 miles and probably garaged all its life.

Ralph

21 - 40 of 61 Posts