2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiosity... I'm 5'9” and I need to have my seat all the way up to be comfortable and avoid any back pain. I find it odd because this is the only car I ever had to do this. If I lower it, I need to bring up the seat back and that just feel cramped, like I'm falling out of the seat forward. Is it just me?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Interesting! I'm 5'8. I also needed a while to get fully comfortable, especially on long road trips.
I like to sit low and upright. On my first road trip, I noticed shoulder pain. Adjusting the seatback a bit more upright seemed to help initially.
Since then, I realized that what helped me most was raising the front of the seat cushion all the way up (with the little wheel on the manual seat), and adjusting the seat back just one notch backwards again. This way I never feel like I'm sliding forward. I've been driving this way for several weeks now without complaint.

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5 non sky
831 Posts
I used to have the same problem with the lower back sore at certain positions and changing helped then sore back again.
When i changed to bucket seats (you dont have a choice in recline position) and stopped me from slouching in the drive.
But more importantly i noticed that the snug bucket makes you keep your legs together and not move around to reposition when highway driving.
Changed my posture in the car. Something to think about when you drive.. where are your legs and do they mess with your back alignment

1 - 4 of 4 Posts