2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what will trigger the stock security system? (ie. breaking window, jacking up car, etc.)

also... does anyone know what happens if u drive without the advance keyfob? (after u start up the car).... does it stall right away, after x distance?

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
Does anyone know what will trigger the stock security system? (ie. breaking window, jacking up car, etc.)

also... does anyone know what happens if u drive without the advance keyfob? (after u start up the car).... does it stall right away, after x distance?
I believe it is a shock sensor, so it will active the alarm if any shock beyond the specified threshold is detected. This would include breaking glass, jacking up the car, etc. Just depends on to what degree the car is moved.

I don't think the ignition actively checks for the keyfob after it starts.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think the ignition actively checks for the keyfob after it starts.
really?

cuz the MID does indicate that the advance keyfob is not found if its not in range...i just wonder if you can still drive it..

not that it affects me...

cuz i know aftermarket remote starters will turn the car off if you do not have the key in before driving it off..

·
Registered
227 Posts
also... does anyone know what happens if u drive without the advance keyfob? (after u start up the car).... does it stall right away, after x distance
You can drive the car without the advance key. If it will cut off after a certain time period or after x number distance I'm not sure, but it let me drive around my neighborhood without trouble (other than the MID complaining that it couldn't find the key).

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I'll give it a try this Saturday. If the set-up is anything like my Acura, it will not shut the car off. So, you can drive it without the fob....but, it will keep giving the annoying warning. Once the car is shut off though, it won't turn on again until the fob is back in the car. I'll confirm this and report back.

·
Registered
476 Posts
¯

·
Registered
476 Posts
My money is on that it wont shut the car off if the fob isnt around. Im saying that cuz what if your battery died on your fob while your driving in bumper to bumper traffic! Or better yet your driving uphill, say your on the 15fwy going to vegas and going uphill on the cajon pass and the battery on your key dies:eek:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My money is on that it wont shut the car off if the fob isnt around. Im saying that cuz what if your battery died on your fob while your driving in bumper to bumper traffic! Or better yet your driving uphill, say your on the 15fwy going to vegas and going uphill on the cajon pass and the battery on your key dies:eek:
well there is always the backup key...

just wondering if there will ever be a victim who decides to warmup their car and forgets to lock the doors and then there goes the car...lol...

·
Newb... =)
745 Posts
interesting.. i'll follow this thread.. been wondering what will happen too.

·
Registered
476 Posts
well there is always the backup key...

just wondering if there will ever be a victim who decides to warmup their car and forgets to lock the doors and then there goes the car...lol...
well then that victim deserves to get their car jacked from them!:tongue: jk lol

Glennk let us kno wat happens :)

·
Newb... =)
745 Posts
and also, you can not lock the car once you started the engine right?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
You can lock the doors. BUT when the engine is running and no fob, I do not believe so. Also if you drop the keyless fob in the car and go to lock it, nope it won't lock.

·
Newb... =)
745 Posts
any updates on this guys?:eek:hsnap 1:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts