2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I cannot leave my steep drive with pp aero package, I have been trying to find out how to delete it if I buy a pp hatch.
I had thought it might just be a matter of undoing it and substituting the base model piece. But as I look at my premium na hatch it appears the chin lip is molded with or least permanently bonded with the lower front end cover. I wonder if the optional piece is not simply a slip over cover for the base model's air dam and if so how is it affixed? Could it be the whole bumper cover would have to be swapped out?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Sounds like a headache from a cursory search, at least on the Miata:

"I ran for several months with my air dam removed. The PO had snagged it on a curb and it needed repairs. Taking it off was not a big deal. There are several push-snaps and a couple of screws on the bottom of the wheel lips. Other than that and the double-back tape, there are two larger push clips behind the two vertical-most parts along side the air inlet. I had a heck of a time getting these to release until I got in behind them and gave them a health nudge. These two are the holes that were mentioned. I was starting to get used to no air dam & was tempted to not put it back on. With my car de-badged in the rear, no Racing Harts and no MSM air dam it was pretty stealthy in a Miata sort of way. After going to all the work of repairing and re-painting the air-dam, it went back on. Installation was OK but those same two large push retainers gave me problems going all the back in. I don't think plastic push retainers like this are meant o be re-used. All's well that ends well."

And here:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts