2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.:clap:

The dealer said all s GT 14's have active grille shutters, how do I know I have it.

I have the $1600.00 Tech package, it does not have Radar Cruise. Now Mazda says it only has the one Tech Package $2600.00 with all the stuff.

Mazda advertised this with a press release, all 2.5 have this, and I have the 2.5 with eLoop too. I love Mazda, it holds a dear place in my heart as I lived at one time outsite the Flat Rock assembly. But there info is squarely and most incomplete.

can I see it somewhere on the car.

argggg.....:sad 1:

·
Registered
720 Posts
My understanding was that was part of the tech package. Look under "Packages" on the .pdf brochure here.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I hear you about Mazda pulling a fast one on a bunch of people with the 2TE package you got release early, then switching to the 3TE a few months later. I almost fell for it but I knew I wanted radar cruise control so when I dug a little deeper and saw 2TE didn't include it I ordered a new one with 3TE.. That said I think the only difference in the 2TE and 3TE was the adaptive cruise control.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think he is asking WHERE can you physically see it. I have the same $1600 package and I know it's on my window sticker.

$1600 tech package = only missing radar cruise AND the forward obstruction warning but NOT smart city brake support. Any tech package will have (should have hah) the active grille shutters.

I honestly have the same question since I took a look up in there a few times now from the outside and couldn't tell where the shutters were that should open/close.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Put the car on jack stands, have someone hit the gas while you watch if the grill actively closes the faster the wheels turn! :laughing001:

:worthless-1:

·
Registered
165 Posts
The Mazda repair manual calls this system the Active Air Shutter System. It is located under the main radiator opening. Under the radiator opening is a second smaller air intake opening. That is where the system is located. :thumbup 1:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is a good picture to show you where they are at least.
Thanks, I called Mazda today and they said yes, I do have it. I have a September build.

ALL 2.5 WITH eLOOP have it with any TP

Mmmmm, I always said to wait for the 2nd year, but in this case I said OK. I had another 3 before with 0 issues..

OK, not this, if the bumper has to come off, is this much more work now with the AGS.

I may need a new headlight.

Thanks

Babie "Girl"

·
Registered
261 Posts
On other cars with this system it is to increase warm up time and help the heater work. Also to make car more aerodynamic.

Or so they say

·
Registered
269 Posts
Air going into the engine bay is sometimes a good thing, sometimes bad. It can hurt aero, which hurts performance and mpg.. so this should help with that. I am sure if the car needs more cooling they would open up.. but at speed I am sure it gets plenty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts