2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Your mom goes to college.
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed there's not a ton of interior storage in the front of these cars, especially in comparison to my 2006 3. How do you handle this? What are your storage tips? Any aftermarket parts or trays you've used that you'd recommend?

I definitely don't have a bunch of junk with me, but on road trips it's nice to have some versatile options.

·
Your mom goes to college.
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are you putting in the front that you can't put in the back?
I’m not talking about something you’re transporting from A to B. Just little things you might need while driving: sunglasses, glasses, garage opener, change for tolls, gum/mints, toothpicks, a pen, etc.

·
Codger
73 Posts
Well, there's the cubby under the HVAC controls, the console bin and its tray, and the enormous cupholder that should have had a removable insert for those of us who rarely drink from a cup while driving. True, the glove box is no longer large enough to hold a small child, and the overhead sunglass thingie is not very useful unless you like fingerprints on your sunglasses. I keep my sunglasses in their hard case, in the cupholder. Move the owner's manual to one of the back door bins to free up space in the glove box. Homelink replaced my garage door opener.

When your other car is a Miata, the 3 has more storage than you'll ever need... :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
I've noticed there's not a ton of interior storage in the front of these cars, especially in comparison to my 2006 3. How do you handle this? What are your storage tips? Any aftermarket parts or trays you've used that you'd recommend?

I definitely don't have a bunch of junk with me, but on road trips it's nice to have some versatile options.
That thing’s not too bad. I would consider it, but I’m more interested in is if you or anyone can find something that I can replace with my useless CD player to free up that space to hold cell phone, keys, vape, etc....and a USB port there would be :clap

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
I find there is more than enough space unless you are a pack rat. My phone stays in my pocket because I have Bluetooth. I leave the key fob in the little tray by the door handle. Sunglasses under the cd player. Took the owners manual out of the glove box and leave it at home so my wife has her tissues and make up in there. Everything else fits in the center console. Guess we travel light.

·
Registered
720 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts