2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! Not sure how to use the "folder" feature in our BOSE audio? Can I get my phone and copy songs to the "folders" and store them there so I don't have to plug my phone in?

Thanks in advance

·
MAAAAAD
2,140 Posts
HELP! Not sure how to use the "folder" feature in our BOSE audio? Can I get my phone and copy songs to the "folders" and store them there so I don't have to plug my phone in?

Thanks in advance
Page 6-52 of owners manual says that the "folder" function is for MP3/WMA CD playback

while we're on the topic of the "folder" option..

how does one create a mp3/wma cd? never had this feature on my other car. Can it be done with iTunes? if not what software do you recommend?

·
Silver Demon
837 Posts
You can use iTunes...when u select burn Playlist to Disc, check MP3 CD. If you want to make folders, you might wanna use something like Nero. You make all the folders u want to go on your CD...and then browse to that location and add them.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Any version of windows since XP can make a simple mp3 CD as well by just dragging and dropping the files to the CD drive and then selecting write files to disc

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so we can NOT copy files to a HDD in our radios so again how is the folder feature used? When I burn a CD from my PC I have MP3 files list 1-16. I don't burn the ISO with "folders".

What I thought or was looking for was something like this....."when playing a CD with MP3 files on it you can create a folder and copy those MP3 files to these folders" by doing this...."

I still don't know how to use the folders feature in my radio!! Ugh!

·
Use the Search Button!
746 Posts
You can create multiple folders in an mp3 format on one cd. For example I have about 4 folders on one of my CDs, each folder is a different band. Therefore instead of skipping through say 6 songs I can just skip to the next 'folder' and hear the next band. It's a way of simplifying CDs. Or just get an mp3 player and be done with it. Those follow the same structure of folders and songs, just on a more 'user friendly' interface

·
Registered
10 Posts
to create folders on a cd u have to copy/burn the cd as a data cd, go to ur burnin program(window media play) and swich the burn settings from audio cd to data cd

·
MAAAAAD
2,140 Posts
just go to "my computer" then the drive with the blank CD, then click-and-drag i guess? and just "right-click" and create a new folder for w/e you want say artist and then put their songs in there etc.

thats how I understand it.. but someone can correct me haha

I'm bored at work so I googled this haha

here is the eHow link to it

http://www.ehow.com/how_6137087_burn-mp3-cd-folders.html

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WOW! That's funny but I was actually looking for some REAL help which obviously you can't provide. But thanks anyway. :)

So basically the folders feature is a "different" interface to access your songs. I'll stick to just burning CD's and going from song to song. After all I created the CD so chances are I LIKE everysong that's on there.

Thanks

·
Use the Search Button!
746 Posts
WOW! That's funny but I was actually looking for some REAL help which obviously you can't provide. But thanks anyway. :)

So basically the folders feature is a "different" interface to access your songs. I'll stick to just burning CD's and going from song to song. After all I created the CD so chances are I LIKE everysong that's on there.

Thanks
Maybe we're missing the question you're asking, but how would the link the Chubbs put up not help you?
It states the step by step direction to creating the MP3 CD so that you can then listen and use the 'Folder' option on your radio..
And by you creating the MP3 CD, you put on all the songs that you like and don't put on the ones you don't.
It's just like creating a regular cd, just in a different format.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts