2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello nath80 and MattyH-Aus,

I am curious how they are holding up for you.

I ordered a pair on ebay (Chinese cheap ones) and they worked for a couple of hours until they melted.
I attached a picture.

I am unable to order the JW Speaker or Stedi leds because they do not ship to Thailand.
I would love to have a set in case they are holding up.

Attachments

·
Registered
G20 Evolve / Sedan / White / Auto
4 Posts
Hey @ThailandMazda3 and @EVOII I haven't had any issues with my LEDs at all. They work fine both as DRLs and when the headlights are on (auto or manually selected)

I'm not sure if the cars in your countries run a different spec but the bulbs I put in are not CANBUS ones but I haven't had any errors. I know that the JW Speaker ones sometimes can be found on eBay but I don't know if they deliver to your locations

I've attached a pic of the ones that I used in my car and that are working error free (Australian spec car)

Sorry if that wasn't much help :(

SCA_553429_hi-res.jpg

·
Registered
G20 Evolve / Sedan / White / Auto
4 Posts
I know here in Aus my GT spec (which I get next week, yay), will have halogens, while the Astina doesn't.

Does Mazda not sell spares for the Astina's lights, and they could just be installed on the lower spec cars?
Congrats on the GT spec!!

Definitely would be worth asking your service department if it's possible! I thought the same thing but figured that for now at least the new bulbs are a cheaper fix.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello @nath80

Thanks for your answer. I just ordered the Philips T20 Ultinon 21W5 and see if these will work. I will receive them in a couple of days. I will let you know if these work.

·
Registered
G25 GT Vision / Hatch / Polymetal Grey / Auto
26 Posts
Congrats on the GT spec!!

Definitely would be worth asking your service department if it's possible! I thought the same thing but figured that for now at least the new bulbs are a cheaper fix.
Yeah, I think I'll ask when I take it in for the first service. And cheers for the congrats! As soon as I drove it, I knew I had to have it. Sold itself.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey @ThailandMazda3 and @EVOII I haven't had any issues with my LEDs at all. They work fine both as DRLs and when the headlights are on (auto or manually selected)

I'm not sure if the cars in your countries run a different spec but the bulbs I put in are not CANBUS ones but I haven't had any errors. I know that the JW Speaker ones sometimes can be found on eBay but I don't know if they deliver to your locations

I've attached a pic of the ones that I used in my car and that are working error free (Australian spec car)

Sorry if that wasn't much help :(

View attachment 277061
Thanks, have you tried to remove one drl and put the lights on? It sounds strange to me that australian specs cars don't have canbus? Those days all cars have canbus I think?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello all,
No luck.
I tried the Philips Ultinon LED T20 21w5 but got errors. These don't work on my car in Thailand.
I guess we need Canbus error free here.
Now I put in blue colored halogen bulbs, these make it better than the stock ones. These bulbs are white in between the stock (yellowish) and LED. So a little bit better.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oh, I forget. The Philips Led's do not even illuminate.
As stated I now use blue halogen bulbs that give a xenon like white color when illuminated.
Not as bright as led but better than stock.
When I have time I will try to find a professional shop and see what is possible re: led.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Savitar,

I'm in Australia as well. Our cars here use a T20 w21/5w globe. I ordered one from Stedi .com.au (

Or blingauto has a JW Speaker one or a halogen whiter If you prefer.

It's super easy to change. Takes about 5 mins each side - just unclip the clips in the wheel arch with the wheel turned.

I picked my car up today and popped the Stedi ones each side. No canbus or other errors.

edited to add link to the globes: 2 Pack T20 7443 W21/5W Wedge LED Light Dual Filament Parker

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Matty! I have a new Mazda 3 2020 hatch and I’m looking at Changing my halogen daytime lights also. I have found that super cheap auto Have the narva globes do you think these would be as good as the gloves from stedi ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Nick
Congrats on the purchase 😁

You have to make sure that the Narva are dual wattage w21/5w, which I think they do sell. They should be more than good enough for the job and they are a reputable enough brand. I'm not sure about canbus errors with them though??
Stedi or JW speaker are safe bets. Let us know how you go.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Matty mate you are a freaking legend. I just picked up my G20 Evolve on Friday and the halogen DRLs were doing my head in. I googled what to do and came across your posts and instructions. Unfortunately Stedi are out of stock but I got JW Speaker ones at Supercheap. I heard conflicting stories about whether JW Speaker ones would work or not but your posts made me confident enough that they would. 15 minutes later and my car looks amazing. I couldn't be happier!
Hey Nath, Sorry, just saw this post - these look great - i'm glad to hear they work. Mazda should supply them with all the cars - it makes them look so much better.

·
2018 mazda owner
28 Posts
Hello everyone, i am a proud owner of a new Mazda 3 2019 Hatchback Soul red crystal! Unfortunately in my country we have only 1 trim and this is the base one. It does not have the signature headlights thus the Daytime running lights are Halogen while the Headlights are led. I really hate the halogen light next to led light. How do i replace those Drls for White leds ?
you can buy resisters and led headlights. in total should come to around $50. i did that to mine and it looks awesome. I put leds throughout the car including the license plate light

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know here in Aus my GT spec (which I get next week, yay), will have halogens, while the Astina doesn't.

Does Mazda not sell spares for the Astina's lights, and they could just be installed on the lower spec cars?
Hey mate, have looked into this a bit and it appears the lights which come on the Astina (as well as being standard on all US trim versions) are effectively an entirely different assembly rather than being a matter of simply changing a globe.

On the pics below, note the lines running down the side of the light. I don’t think they exist in the non Astina models. Those lines and the halo ‘ring’ that illuminates acts as the LED DRL, with the LED headlight in the centre of that.

Such a shame, really detracts from the overall classy and seamless design of the vehicle.
Cheers

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello all,
No luck.
I tried the Philips Ultinon LED T20 21w5 but got errors. These don't work on my car in Thailand.
I guess we need Canbus error free here.
Now I put in blue colored halogen bulbs, these make it better than the stock ones. These bulbs are white in between the stock (yellowish) and LED. So a little bit better.
Hey,
I got the Phillips too and it won light, you need a Canbus free.
I'm in Vietnam and it is so hard to find

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello nath80 and MattyH-Aus,

I am curious how they are holding up for you.

I ordered a pair on ebay (Chinese cheap ones) and they worked for a couple of hours until they melted.
I attached a picture.

I am unable to order the JW Speaker or Stedi leds because they do not ship to Thailand.
I would love to have a set in case they are holding up.
they melted because they got to hot when operate, mine too.
I revert to halogen to find the way to overcome this

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey ad1405,

I still did not find suitable led bulbs here in Thailand. It is a shame because I hate those halogen bulbs.
In the case I find some I will let you know. Sending a pair by post to you in Vietnam from Thailand is easy.
If you find some please also let me know.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey ad1405,

I still did not find suitable led bulbs here in Thailand. It is a shame because I hate those halogen bulbs.
In the case I find some I will let you know. Sending a pair by post to you in Vietnam from Thailand is easy.
If you find some please also let me know.
Hi,
I'm looking for some.
I bought a pair of lights, it was bright, but unfortunately, after a week of use it was dead

41 - 60 of 82 Posts