2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Australian spec cars are slightly different. These are T20 vs T10 of the North American and we have dedicated orange lights for indicating.
We are allowed to add white led DRLs lights to our cars under our road rules

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Matty, the photos and your description gave me the confidence to be less gentle and it worked! I'm happy with the LED DRL, it looks so much better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Matty,

I think they use this orange color as a fog light as well, because there is no fog light on any trim

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would like to install these on my Mazda, but I can’t get them shipped to Finland. Do you think any other LED lights with same parameters will work?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Dani
Worth a shot - as long as it's dual wattage: W21/5W I think it should work. The Mazda's don't seem to have issues with canbus like VW etc. Philips and JW speaker both make the correct specs.
I know the JW Speaker works but not sure of it's availability in Europe?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Dani
Worth a shot - as long as it's dual wattage: W21/5W I think it should work. The Mazda's don't seem to have issues with canbus like VW etc. Philips and JW speaker both make the correct specs.
I know the JW Speaker works but not sure of it's availability in Europe?
So I don’t have to get canbus ones? That’s quite much cheaper, thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think so... One of the light installation places when I was sussing it out told me they regularly used the JW speaker for the Mazda's which doesn't have canbus and worked fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Savitar,

I'm in Australia as well. Our cars here use a T20 w21/5w globe. I ordered one from Stedi .com.au (

Or blingauto has a JW Speaker one or a halogen whiter If you prefer.

It's super easy to change. Takes about 5 mins each side - just unclip the clips in the wheel arch with the wheel turned.

I picked my car up today and popped the Stedi ones each side. No canbus or other errors.

edited to add link to the globes: https://www.stedi.com.au/t20-7443-w21-5w-wedge-led-light-dual-filament-parker.html
Does this globe also fit a 2020 Mazda CX-30 touring with LEd headlights but halogen DRL, thank you

·
Registered
12 Posts
The light housing looks similar so I imagine so but I;m not 100% sure. You can check the car manual and it should list what the globes are somewhere.

·
Registered
G20 Evolve / Sedan / White / Auto
4 Posts
The light housing looks similar so I imagine so but I;m not 100% sure. You can check the car manual and it should list what the globes are somewhere.
Matty mate you are a freaking legend. I just picked up my G20 Evolve on Friday and the halogen DRLs were doing my head in. I googled what to do and came across your posts and instructions. Unfortunately Stedi are out of stock but I got JW Speaker ones at Supercheap. I heard conflicting stories about whether JW Speaker ones would work or not but your posts made me confident enough that they would. 15 minutes later and my car looks amazing. I couldn't be happier!

·
Registered
49 Posts
@nath80 do you have pics of that led bulbs? I looked online for them but can't find them easy. Have you tried to put the lights on and of when your driving also? I have also put leds in, but their not completely error free. Have them for almost a year now, and they work, but only if I have turn on the lights permanently. If I turn them in auto mode and the lights turn on in a tunnel or so the error message from the can bus pops up. The only way to fix it is parking the car, turn the engine of and on with the lights in on modus. Then they work. Curious how it works with your bulbs. If it works well I want them also to replace mines. Btw: The color is also better then mines. The ones I have are a little greener. Especially on pics.

21 - 40 of 82 Posts