2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, i am a proud owner of a new Mazda 3 2019 Hatchback Soul red crystal! Unfortunately in my country we have only 1 trim and this is the base one. It does not have the signature headlights thus the Daytime running lights are Halogen while the Headlights are led. I really hate the halogen light next to led light. How do i replace those Drls for White leds ?

Attachments

·
Banned
112 Posts
Hello from NJ. Your car looks amazing. I also like your license plate. Very cool. Maybe there will be some aftermarket parts coming out soon for the headlights.

·
Super Moderator
5,472 Posts
What kind of bulb if it? It can't be that hard to take it out and replace it with an LED equivalent....:dunno:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hello everyone, i am a proud owner of a new Mazda 3 2019 Hatchback Soul red crystal! Unfortunately in my country we have only 1 trim and this is the base one. It does not have the signature headlights thus the Daytime running lights are Halogen while the Headlights are led. I really hate the halogen light next to led light. How do i replace those Drls for White leds ?
Hi, you can find the procedure in the manual. You can access to the halogen by the wheel area cover opening... The LED you want is W5W Led (T10), there are a lot of options on the net... Just take care, choose one of Canbus error free type... For example: https://autoledvilagitas.hu/termekek/termek/t10-5smd-led-canbus-jegfeher

·
Registered
231 Posts
Is it just a matter of changing the bulb? Or, is the design of the reflector different as well?

·
Registered
12 Posts
So there is no way to change this ugly yellow drl to white?
Hi Savitar,

I'm in Australia as well. Our cars here use a T20 w21/5w globe. I ordered one from Stedi .com.au (

Or blingauto has a JW Speaker one or a halogen whiter If you prefer.

It's super easy to change. Takes about 5 mins each side - just unclip the clips in the wheel arch with the wheel turned.

I picked my car up today and popped the Stedi ones each side. No canbus or other errors.

edited to add link to the globes: https://www.stedi.com.au/t20-7443-w21-5w-wedge-led-light-dual-filament-parker.html

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Matty,

Could you send me the product link of the one you bought from stedi? Looks really nice, thank you so much..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Matty,
I have purchased the same bulbs from Stedi and tried to replace them yesterday, but couldn't really figure out how to do it. I took out all the "pop nails", but how did you do the screws on the bottom? I can't reach them. And do you really have to take out the whole mud protector?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Matty,
I have purchased the same bulbs from Stedi and tried to replace them yesterday, but couldn't really figure out how to do it. I took out all the "pop nails", but how did you do the screws on the bottom? I can't reach them. And do you really have to take out the whole mud protector?

Hey,
Here is a set of how to photos that someone posted over on the whirlpool forum - http://wallet-warriors.com/pix/mazda3_2019_drl.jpg

Turn the steering wheel hard right or left and pop out the little 'pop nails' and you should be able to fold the plastic back. Reach in and grab the back of the light and twist left to unlock and it should slide out. I used a glass microfibre cloth to handle the globes, something without lint and not bare hands. Then just do the reverse. The mud protector doesn't have to come off all together, just fold back. part of it goes under the metal to hold it in, so just do one side at a side so you compare to the other to make sure its back in place properly.

Shout out if you need any further help

1 - 20 of 82 Posts