2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember reading somewhere in the manual for my car (2011 Mazda 3 s GT) that the audio level of the turn signal indicator could be made quieter or silent, that it defaults to loud, and that it can be adjusted by a dealer. Well, I've found the turn signal noise to be incredibly loud and annoying. I signal religiously, and I'm having a really hard time getting used to hearing that sound. Are there any ways I could adjust it from home, or just disable the noise completely? I really don't need the sound. My old car didn't have it, and I had no problems remembering to turn off the signal.

Also, I remember it saying that the system could be modified to allow a "quick signal" for lane changing? I feel as though I already have to move the stalk two positions in order to use the blinker. I'd be very interested in enabling this and using this feature. How do I do this?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I remember reading somewhere in the manual for my car (2011 Mazda 3 s GT) that the audio level of the turn signal indicator could be made quieter or silent, that it defaults to loud, and that it can be adjusted by a dealer. Well, I've found the turn signal noise to be incredibly loud and annoying. I signal religiously, and I'm having a really hard time getting used to hearing that sound. Are there any ways I could adjust it from home, or just disable the noise completely? I really don't need the sound. My old car didn't have it, and I had no problems remembering to turn off the signal.

Also, I remember it saying that the system could be modified to allow a "quick signal" for lane changing? I feel as though I already have to move the stalk two positions in order to use the blinker. I'd be very interested in enabling this and using this feature. How do I do this?

The tap to pass feature (partial movement of the the turn signal stalk), is a programmed feature. Dealer hooks up a laptop and reprogram for this feature. Usually charge a fee to do this. I saw this feature when I first got my 2013. Went back to dealer and complained that I wasn’t made aware of any changeable features, and they did it for free.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts