2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Mazda 3 skyactiv several days ago, and LOVE the gas mileage. naturally I want to improve performance as well. Does the CorkSport skyactiv intake improve/hurt mileage?

·
Use the Search Button!
746 Posts
I got my Mazda 3 skyactiv several days ago, and LOVE the gas mileage. naturally I want to improve performance as well. Does the CorkSport skyactiv intake improve/hurt mileage?
If you get on the gas all the time to hear the sound then yes it will negatively effect the MPG.

You may want to stick with suspension, audio, and appearance if you aren't wanting to touch the mpg.

·
Registered
336 Posts
a good intake will improve your mpg as long as you won't drive like a fool.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah that could be a problem... Either way, inproving performance usually always means worsening MPG.

·
Registered
182 Posts
You have to spend money on parts that Mazda didn't deem worth it. Stuff like a ceramic coated long tube header with a proper merge collector, light weight an under driven accessory pulley, and light weight wheels.

·
Smells of Elderberries
633 Posts
I have or had at one point Header... intake... full exhaust...tune... balance shaft delete ....Intake manifold (off car) on my 2.5L. When I drive like a sane person with the occasional full throttle burst. I still average 31MPG on my daily commute (60/40 highway/stop and go)... about the same as when I was stock.

It all about how you drive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts