2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody knows how to deactivate (electrically or mechanically) the autoleveling of headlights? I have the Eibach's springs and I always had problems with the leveling of headlights. I tried to adjust it with screwdrivers and nothing. I bought the Corksport Level adjuster, waste of money. So now i want to cancel the autoleveling.

Thanks.

·
Registered
569 Posts
You can turn it off/on under the lighting menu on the infotainment settings screen for a 2017 mazda 3 GT. My car does not have the AFS switch as indicated in the quick start color manual.

Beyond that, you can pull the fuse or unplug the battery as the manual indicates the system will need to be reset in those two situations.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Somebody knows how to deactivate (electrically or mechanically) the autoleveling of headlights? I have the Eibach's springs and I always had problems with the leveling of headlights. I tried to adjust it with screwdrivers and nothing. I bought the Corksport Level adjuster, waste of money. So now i want to cancel the autoleveling.

Thanks.
Is it possible you did not do it correctly. I mean a lot of people here have lowering springs and don't have issues.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dash button says, "AFS OFF".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
I don't have that option :nerd: I'm from Perú. And the configurations of the cars are very different.

Is it possible you did not do it correctly. I mean a lot of people here have lowering springs and don't have issues.
Maybe, but i'm tired of trying. Here in Peru, the roads are very very very (x100000) bad, so we need a good system of lighting.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Jet3, have you tried going back to the stock connection regarding the auto leveler, then adjusting the headlights manually.

or reset the manual adjustment and manipulate the auto adjuster with the CS part.

I am wondering if your lights are just not aimed right as you have adjusted them so many times.

·
Super Moderator
5,968 Posts
When you lower the car, you may need to re-initialize the system to make it work.
This procedure resets the sensors after the ride height change so that the auto-leveling will work properly.
Read this post and give it a try. :smile2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts