Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Rattles Your Brain

Votes: 1 3.4%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I know that since I installed my coilovers I can feel pretty much every bump in the road.I am curious to see how comfortable everybody thinks their cars are.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
My speed suspension is stock. It rides rough but it's tolerable. You can feel the road and there are certain roads that make you wanna get out and walk but overall I like it. I don't like that smooth as glass feeling. I wanna feel the car and the road.

Our 2.5 is smoother than the speed but still on the rougher side. I think the 2.5 is a very nice and balanced ride.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My speed suspension is stock. It rides rough but it's tolerable. You can feel the road and there are certain roads that make you wanna get out and walk but overall I like it.
Yeah, my 2.0 was kinda rough to begin with and most of the time its fun to feel the road but sometimes, like when I have to drive through this construction zone to go to school it feels like my wheels are going to fall off. lol

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sometimes I question what the road crews were thinking haha. Some of those bumps i can see coming from a mile away and i just have to grit my teeth and hold on for the ride.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Sometimes I question what the road crews were thinking haha. Some of those bumps i can see coming from a mile away and i just have to grit my teeth and hold on for the ride.
When i get out of the speed and drive our 2.5 it seems like a cadi quality ride. And i hate that feeling when you see it coming. You grip the wheel harder and mumble hold on. lmao. :argh 1:

·
Registered
296 Posts
mine rides slightly better with winter tires on

although its a bit rough ride but i still like the suspension on our 3 :stuart:

·
Silver Surfer
2,904 Posts
I'm on stock suspension and god is rough.. I maybe over exaggerating but it's rough.. Seats are comfy though.. I have previously owned a 2.0 it was much smoother..

On another note my dad has a Mazda 6.. Man that thing is so smooth.. Very very comfy

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
Coming from 12k front and rear coilovers on a 2800 lbs car, and daily driving 110 miles an day, the stock ms3 rides like couch. Lol

·
Car Nerd
814 Posts
My car's more comfortable than almost all the other cars I've ridden in with coilovers, at least in my opinion.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that their car is kinda rough riding. This is my first car on coilovers and my previous vehicle was a ford explorer which was like driving a monster truck compared to my 3 lol a completely different feel

·
Registered
94 Posts
On stock suspension as well. Sometimes the bumps can feel harsh. Sometimes I like the feedback on smooth roads. I think it's from poor soundproofing as well. Sometimes going over an expansion slat or a rough bump makes it seem harsher because of the banging sound it creates in the cabin.

Off course this is coming from a guy that just came off a leased Infiniti EX35 (crossover) so I may have been spoiled by luxury! :tongue:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I think it's from poor soundproofing as well. Sometimes going over an expansion slat or a rough bump makes it seem harsher because of the banging sound it creates in the cabin.
^^^THIS especially going over bridges. But what can you expect from a car that was 16k brand new lol like you said, it's not an infiniti haha

·
Registered
633 Posts
I came to The 3 GT from a Protege5 now that was a rough ride, and friggen noisy to boot, The 3 GT is a way better car in terms of comfort.

Pat.

·
Da belle of da ball.
3,542 Posts
Oh man, the p5 was loud as hell. That back hatch area made my mazdaspeed axleback drone like a mofo. Didn't help that it revved at around 3500rpm at 75mph.

·
1,577 Posts
My speed rides firm, which I love.

Not all coilovers are made equal. My Mazdaspeed Miata had full coilovers, rode better than stock (the OEM MSM suspension is notoriously bouncy).

My Lexus LS on full coilovers + 19" wheels with 285 rubber, rode as smooth as it did stock. It was just more responsive.

·
Registered
323 Posts
right now i have bc on my 3 and it feel awsome

·
Registered
322 Posts
I was ok with my sedan on Prokit/stock strut until I drive the GTI:eek:hmy 1: , almost a perfect ride. Actually I think it's also has something to do with road noise from the 3.

·
Registered
486 Posts
im on stock suspension and i wish it was more smooth. Its okay i guess. My girlfriend has a 2012 Camry SE and its smooth as hell, makes my car feel like a horse lol. Although i got Michillen MXV4 tires on its a noticeable improvement on the comfort but not as smooth as id like. Do u think changing the shocks/ struts , sway bars.... would help on the noise and the comfort of the ride?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts