2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to upgrade the Bose audio system I have in my car by replacing all of the speakers and adding a subwoofer but I cant seem to find anybody that makes a high output alternator for the 2.5 skyactive. I was looking at like 1500 rms watts in total for the entire system. I don't even know what the amperage rating for the stock alternator is but could I possibly get away with replacing the battery with a more powerful one?

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can email mechman alternators and he can build you one. I have a 2007 Mazda 3 and recently put a 220 amp alternator. I did not purchase mine from him as I found one cheaper on eBay and it is working great. I have a 1200 watt RMS 2400 watt Max amp. Two Rockford Fosgate P3 Subs. Did a big 3 upgrade also and now I just need to work on extra battery storage.

·
Registered
168 Posts
You should be fine for 1500w with the stock alternator (~110 amps). Depending on the amplifyers it may not be a true 1500 rms.

A fresh battery will help for when you run it while not driving.

Yes, you can upgrade your alternator, lots of options.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Before I upgraded my alternator my lights dimmed badly. Inside lights and headlights . After the 3rd or 4th person commented on the dimming friends shaming me you know the drill, I did the upgrades and it fixed problem. My stock alternator was only 90amps I believe. Also you will burn through car batteries quicker it seems running an under powered alternator. My batteries kept leaking acid at terminals. I went through 3 car batteries in like 2 years. I know a few alternator sources from all my research. Post your car year and I'll look

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys , i have a 2010 mazda 3 sedan non upgraded factory, currently have a single 18 inch, powered by 1200 watt digital amp pdx-m12, stock battery and alternator, big 3 wiring upgrade,, looking at changing to dual 12in L7 (staying pdx-m12 and 150watt for each of the doors.., i can not find any alternator/battery upgrade info as im wanting to add a second amp being 600watt 4 channel, has anyone done or can point me in the right way, wanting to do as much as i can myself because its been a big interest for me over the last 6 years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts