2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been noticing a very hot spot in my passenger side lower panel as circled in the attached diagram.

This only happens when I've enabled the fan (with and without a/c). If I remove the panel cover (the same one you would otherwise remove to access your cabin filter/bm resistor) and poke my fingers into the space toward the console, I can feel very hot air flowing out. This explains why the panel heats up to scorching hot temperatures after a period of time. I would like to know if this behavior is typical or if you experienced this and had it resolved. Is there some kind of shield down there that would otherwise block this hot air? This air does not change with a/c temperature, so it might be from the engine?

I know very little about this area of the car and could use some help. Cabin filters were replaced 3 months ago, a/c still works fine, blower resistor works.
Is this normal?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,578 Posts
Maybe the fan motor is over heating. If it only happens when the fan is on, that would be the obvious solution.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the air through the vents are not hot, can that still be the case? Keep in mind the compressor is not on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts