2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of an aftermarket hood with hood scoop?or maybe even a subtle body kit

·
Registered
326 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i hope something good comes out

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Considering the length of the hood, I'd bet there is a fair amount of weight in it that could be removed via a carbon fiber design. Eventually I'd hope to see one.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I'd love to see a grill or hood with a scoop in it. Even if it doesn't add much to the performance, it'd definitely make it look more sporty.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Considering the length of the hood, I'd bet there is a fair amount of weight in it that could be removed via a carbon fiber design. Eventually I'd hope to see one.
Eh, cars aren't what they were 30 years ago.
And a hood still has to be strong.

Gen1s the hood was in the mid 40lbs range, the carbon fiber OEM style were typically in the very high 30s, so on average it seemed they weighed 5-7lbs less than stock.

Which... is hardly worth it.

C/F costs so much in the end and takes a lot of money to keep it looking great since you have to clear it every couple of years.
Weight loss isn't really something worth truly caring for, rather than just getting it for the looks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I wish Mazda would have just done the stock 3 hood in aluminum. The weight difference would be significant, although it would jack up production costs substantially.

FWIW, the 2nd gen RX7 turbo (in my avatar picture) has an AL hood, which is significantly larger than the hood on my 3S GT, yet when lifting them you can definitely feel the weight difference between the two.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I wish Mazda would have just done the stock 3 hood in aluminum. The weight difference would be significant, although it would jack up production costs substantially.

FWIW, the 2nd gen RX7 turbo (in my avatar picture) has an AL hood, which is significantly larger than the hood on my 3S GT, yet when lifting them you can definitely feel the weight difference between the two.
Mazda went to an aluminum hood on the new Miata so hopefully this is a sign of things to come... although I'd prefer if they went carbon fiber instead at least on the next Speed 3 :)

·
Registered
510 Posts
I'd love to see a grill or hood with a scoop in it. Even if it doesn't add much to the performance, it'd definitely make it look more sporty.
well it could.. especially for the short ram intake. i dont see anywhere feasible that sucks in air for that if you've gone aftermarket. and for those with a cai, there's that fog light blocking it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hood scoop

Does anyone know where I can get a hood scoop like this or get someone to make it for my 2014 Mazda 3 hatchback.
Try ebay I put dual scoops on My 2016 Mazda 3 hatchback they are for show only when I add a turbo I intend to add a fiber glass induction that looks like the ones on Camaro's I already have it and the shop that is going to install it is going to modify it to fit my Mazda it will be a one of a kind like the dual scoops I have now. Check out my Pictures let me know what you think.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts