2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking Pann Auto online since they're in my area and it seems like they stocked up on more products for our 3rd gen MZ3. I saw that they have an HKS exhaust that claims that it could fit on a 2014 model. Does anyone know anything about this exhaust? Must be fairly new since the most popular exhausts for our cars are Corksport/RacingBeat/Borla etc.

31019-AZ007 - HKS Hi-Power Spec-L Exhaust - Pann Auto Performance - San Diego largest aftermarket automotive performance parts - What do you drive?

·
Super Moderator
5,670 Posts
description says:
"For JDM 2.2L SKYACTIV-D Motor, BM2FS Chassis", ie diesel engine.

You would have to ask them if it fits a gasoline powered car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried to follow up with HKS USA for fitment confirmations, this is their reply

"Hi Duncan,

Unfortunately we can not confirm fitment of this exhaust to USDM models. If you have done the research and believe it will fit, you can order this through any of our HKS dealers. However, if it does not fit, we can not accept it as a return since it will be a special order part.

With that being said, if you order one and it does fit with no problem, let us know by sending us photos and a copy of your receipt showing where you bought it, and we will be more than happy to send you a free HKS t-shirt for confirming the fitment for us so we can update our information."

Aka, even HKS hasn't done their homework, and offering a free Tshirt to be their test dummy? Pathetic lmao

·
Registered
350 Posts
Not like you can sell it to anyone locally because we don't have any diesel model here. Also the diesel model is boosted so it may def be off.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Not like you can sell it to anyone locally because we don't have any diesel model here. Also the diesel model is boosted so it may def be off.
I believe it could work. I would have got one had I not got a sweet deal on corksport stuff.

An excerpt from my other post:

But if you were to look at the this Mazda website for European accessories, it has a sports muffler that accommodates the following engines: 1.5L, 2.0L and the 2.2L Diesel.
and you were to look at the Corksport website or Racingbeat their exhausts fit either the 2.0l or the 2.5l engines.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I don't think it will fit based on a quick search.

A lot of the Japanese brands separate the exhaust for 2.0 NA (BM2ES) and diesel (BM2FS) chassis.
Also, HKS only sells a intake kit for the diesel car and list engine for diesel (SH-VPTR), so I don't think HKS Japan tested the exhaust fitment on a NA car since they don't have a test car in-house.

That's my .02 cents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts